Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-05
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-02-26||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-03-12 >>|
Meeting start: 7:33
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the email@example.com inbox weekly.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Any progress on hackerspace management system search? (Eric, Josh).
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- Status of security system
- Did Eric hire a plumber yet to fix the toilets / sinks? No. Someone else has to, Eric's going out of town this week. No time to deal with any plumber. Update on toilets and request for someone else to take the task to be done ASAP.
- Insurance agent got us suggested new language for our liability waiver. How is the discussion going? (Steve, Bryanna)
- Nothing for waivers should impact the existing paypal subscriptions. No click-throughs should be used as they are not legally binding and changing how that works may cause us to cancel existing paypal subscriptions.
- possible personal liability issues for members who loan their equipment to the space (Steve,Ed)
- Did steve calculate and pay electric bill. Due Mar 7.
- Amazon Payments (Steve)
- Review February Transactions (Steve)
- Did Steve reimburse David for gas yet?
- Get recycling. We have a quote, who's calling waste management?
- Nobody seems to have been handling the requests to info@ for accounts. If you're doing it, you need to update the threads stating that you dealt with it offlist. Is anyone doing it?
- Did James give us his kitchen build-out plans as of today's meeting? What were we planning on discussing about this that we didn’t get a chance to last week?
- Did Colin get his area host card? (Steve)
- Audit status (Indiana Steve)
- Status of repayments (Indiana Steve)
- New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). Eric will request update on this.
- Meetup.com group should be recreated - not good that we let it lapse. Is this done yet? (Adam)
- Eric did not hear back from Ishmael about the accounts info (Amazon, Pumping Donations) (as of Sunday night). Do we need to do something about that? Steve has Update!
- Wiki status: Migration, Backups? (Josh) - Eric, Steve, and Josh have been talking to Singlehop about getting us a cheaper deal on a decent VPS. Any progress?
- THOTCON table - Who is manning it? What are the details?
- Change our address everywhere (List of places here: https://atrium.schoolfactory.org/ps1/node/104580)
- inventory and ownership status of old landlord's stuff left on our side.
- Check in with Area hosts about their ideas for the tool certification process at their next meeting. (Tim)
- information fragmentation (wiki, gdocs, calendars, dropbox, mailing lists)
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Dwolla as a payment option? Some people hate paypal enough to not join. Don't do this if you can't set up a subscription in it.
There is a blizzard so most people werent able to make it skipped treasurer responsibilities because Steve wasn't here Use trello if you want but we don't like it enough to make it a all ps1 members thing Eric hasn't filed change of agent or secretary of state paperwork Moving the wiki- the update from josh is that there's no update Still need 3 more cameras - motion jpeg network cams Double the trash pickups- hailey We need the rights to sign checks (bry and hailey and Steve) Steve dealing with the Plummer Security system is up in running just need help with the UI - Eric Steve talked to insurance agent - members aren't personably liable for the equiptment they lend to the space Steve has control of our amazon payment accounts now from Ish
- Membership Report -
- Full Members:
- Starving Hacker:
- Friends of PS1:
Meeting end: 7:59