Board Meeting Notes 2015-03-24
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2015-03-17||2015 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2015-03-31 >>|
Meeting Start: 7:07 PM
- Board Members
- Doorman Dave
- Other Members
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member leaving reason report
- Check RT queue
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- review email@example.com
- check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- new business
- old business
- Review applications for Wood Shop and Machine Shop Authorizer volunteer positions
- Account delegation
- Need to make downtown trip with Derek. Will get Sevin a Chase card and add Ryan to account.
- Waste Management and Comcast:
- Making progress getting security questions from Steve.
- Ray to get business cards for Board members, and "generic" PS:One cards.
- Ray has these designed, but he needs contact info for each Board member.
- Sevin may have a contact for a pro bono lawyer to work on reviewing our Bylaws.
- Looks like the firm may be interested.
- Sevin to inquire with our original pro bono lawyer on scope of current engagement before engaging new pro bono counsel.
- Insurance Review
- Ryan sent e-mail to agent 3/3/15.
- New Area Host transitions
- Sevin working with Michelle.
- Costco business membership
- File amended annual report with new Directors:
- Ryan will contact Bry for info, and take care of this.
- Corliss Early College STEM High School requesting a group tour.
- Requests CNC and NERP-like demo.
- Board has approved this.
- No mail to read.
- Membership Report:
- Full Members: 114
- Starving Hackers: 277
- Total: 391
- Financial Report given.
- Member leaving reason report (2):
- One glowing report, but left Chicago.
- One left but may be back; didn't come to space often.
- 2425 - Ron Olson reimbursement for grinding wheels. Done.
- 2394 - Derek purchased stickers.
- 2065 - 1 member point to Doorman Dave for authorizations
- 2387 - No point granted. Closed.
- 2413 - 1 point to Lynn for Pi Day.
- 2421 - 1 point to Dave for Rat Prom.
- 2078 - 1 point to Ray for CNC authorizations.
- 2255 - 1 point to Sevin for ShapeOko authorizations.
- 2160 - 1 point to Dave for hot metals authorizations.
- 2161 - 1 point to Dave for TOOOL event.
- 2303 - 1 point to Jenny for lounge build.
- 2402 - 2 points to Ryan for SEM Office Hours and SEM Class.
- 2420 - Everett spent 2 points, $60 refund.
- No Trello updates.
- Old Business
- Area Host transition:
- Triano to reach out to Michelle.
- Ron still needs his PEX card. Tom will give it to him.
- Insurance Review: Ryan still waiting for agent.
- Annual Report: Ryan needs everyone's contact info.
- High School field trip: No update.
- Area Host transition:
- New Business
- Wood Shop Volunteer Authorizer - appointed Eric Beauchamp (filling an empty position)
- Hot Metals Volunteer Authorizer - appointed Simon Cygielski (who will replace Jabu Dawdu who is stepping down)
- Cold Metals Volunteer Authorizer - appointed Gedi Jakovickas (who will work alongside Todd Allen)
Board meeting closed at: 7:58 PM