Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting Notes 2016-02-02"

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
Line 43: Line 43:
  
 
=== Todo ===
 
=== Todo ===
* Justin will scan and email IRS letter to lawyers - 'done'
+
* Justin will scan and email IRS letter to lawyers - ''done''
 
* Justin will contact area hosts with info  about new donation box accounting approach
 
* Justin will contact area hosts with info  about new donation box accounting approach
 
* Justin will contact lawyers to see if they have any input on writing privacy policies
 
* Justin will contact lawyers to see if they have any input on writing privacy policies
 
* Justin will notify new hot metals authorizer - ''done''
 
* Justin will notify new hot metals authorizer - ''done''
* Justin will ask Dave to bounce incoming emails sent to invalid @pumpingstationone.org instead of sending them to info@ 'done'
+
* Justin will ask Dave to bounce incoming emails sent to invalid @pumpingstationone.org instead of sending them to info@ ''done''
 
* 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point-  
 
* 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point-  
 
**Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
 
**Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
 
* #4215 Justin will write Flying Broomstick and send a check
 
* #4215 Justin will write Flying Broomstick and send a check
* Brian to email Jason to follow up on question about communication with lawyers in RT - 'done'
+
* Brian to email Jason to follow up on question about communication with lawyers in RT - ''done''
* Brian will call epilog to find out if we owe them money - 'done'
+
* Brian will call epilog to find out if we owe them money - ''done''
 
* Brian will take care of paying Smolk
 
* Brian will take care of paying Smolk
* Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets
+
* Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets ''done, 1 pending response''
 
* Ray will order new business cards
 
* Ray will order new business cards
 
* '''All Directors''' to to email Ray with the contact info you want on business cards
 
* '''All Directors''' to to email Ray with the contact info you want on business cards
Line 186: Line 186:
 
* Member points
 
* Member points
 
** 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point- Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
 
** 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point- Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
** 4219 - Jason wants to redeem two points - Dave will handle
+
** 4219 - Jason wants to redeem two points - Dave will handle  
 
** 4186 - Ray requesting 1 point - unanimously approved -  Dave will handle
 
** 4186 - Ray requesting 1 point - unanimously approved -  Dave will handle
** Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets
+
** Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets -
  
 
=== New Business ===
 
=== New Business ===

Revision as of 14:37, 10 February 2016


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-01-19 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-02-16 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Ray
    • Simon
    • Brian
    • Dave
  • Other Members

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
    • Approve previous meeting minutes.
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Select new Hot Metals Volunteer Authorizer. Justin (talk) 09:22, 30 January 2016 (CST)
    • Respond to IRS request for information on our 1023 application. Either we'll have the letter that they said in the voicemail should be arriving, or we'll have to call to say we didn't get it. Justin (talk) 10:14, 30 January 2016 (CST)
    • Order new business cards. Justin (talk) 12:59, 30 January 2016 (CST)
    • Authorize spending to add more board members to the Last Pass account.
  • Old business
    • Form a By-Laws working committee. Having an official committee has the benefit of getting members in the loop about By-Laws work.

Minutes

Todo

  • Justin will scan and email IRS letter to lawyers - done
  • Justin will contact area hosts with info about new donation box accounting approach
  • Justin will contact lawyers to see if they have any input on writing privacy policies
  • Justin will notify new hot metals authorizer - done
  • Justin will ask Dave to bounce incoming emails sent to invalid @pumpingstationone.org instead of sending them to info@ done
  • 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point-
    • Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
  • #4215 Justin will write Flying Broomstick and send a check
  • Brian to email Jason to follow up on question about communication with lawyers in RT - done
  • Brian will call epilog to find out if we owe them money - done
  • Brian will take care of paying Smolk
  • Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets done, 1 pending response
  • Ray will order new business cards
  • All Directors to to email Ray with the contact info you want on business cards
  • Lyn will take on increasing parties & fun events at the space 'ongoing and 1st one planned for 2/14/16'
  • Michael will take on itemize new items since Feb 2015 and any new large equipment that we buy throughout the year
  • Simon will write new email templates for member upgrade and welcome back

Discussion on previous minutes

  • Followup on discussion page of last week's meeting
    • Brian to email Jason to follow up on question about communication with lawyers in RT


Consent Agenda

  • Unanimously passed (approving previous meeting minutes)

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Space Planning Committee
    • Reviewed the surveys to sort things into more and less viable options for the new space
    • Compared with the area host surveys
  • Safety Committee
    • No work until we get access to next door
    • Have a list of things to look at when we do.
    • Last news was that Dan wanted Tony out by April 1
    • Erik is our contact with Dan about the lease, Justin is contact for anything else

Mail

  • Patrick, Tony
  • Chase
  • Janet Dornhoff past member - Ray emailed to let her know she has something here
  • IRS
    • They need more information for determination of 1023 application / 501(c)3 status
    • Response should be submitted by February 23
    • Justin will scan and email IRS letter to lawyers

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $33,007.40
  • Chase Savings: $73,642.17
  • PEX: $9,783.40
  • PayPal: $7,690.47

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 263
  • Full Members: 113
  • Total Members: 376
  • Quorum:38

Review Banking Transactions

  • Chase
    • Home Depot
      • Cold Metals & Tool Cage
    • Account Maintenance Fee
    • Rent
    • Utilities
    • Insurance
    • Adobe CC
  • Paypal
    • Brad, Todd, Ray, Jason, Lyn, Jenny - member points
    • Zachary S. - full refund
    • Reimbursements
      • Andy L
      • Triano
      • Anna Y
    • Andrew

Member Leaving Reason Reports

RT

  • #4215 Justin will write Flying Broomstick and send a check
    • Still waiting for ACH to be fixed
  • 3536 - buy trash bags
    • put all expenditures into treasury queue
  • #3820 - all emails to invalid emails @pumpingstationone.org go to info@ and create rt tickets
    • Room agrees that these emails should bounce instead
    • Justin will ask Dave to bounce incoming emails sent to invalid @pumpingstationone.org instead of sending them to info@
  • 3803 - Insurance ticket outstanding todos
    • Itemize large equipment changes since Feb 2015
      • Tig welder
      • New planer
      • New band saw
      • Michael will take on itemize new items since Feb 2015 and any new large equipment that we buy throughout the year
    • Compare membership total from Feb 2015 to now to see if we need more liability.
      • Number now is approximately the same
      • We may need to increase once we get 400 members (need to doublecheck)
    • Get umbrella quote from Paul.
  • 3586 & 3463- new email template for full member upgrade (and downgrade) & welcome back email
    • How long are authorizations good for if people have left and returned?
      • Good question for another day
    • Simon will write new email templates for member upgrade and welcome back
  • 3393 - Need to create a privacy policy
    • Justin will contact lawyers for their input on privacy policies
    • Would be helpful to look at other privacy policies
    • Should incorporate it into member agreement
    • Would have to be a member vote
    • Talk at a future meeting about creating a committee to work on this
  • 4082 - PS1 2015 Annual Financials - DRAFT
    • This is available for members to review behind the RT login
    • Still a draft - waiting on resolving a few things before closing out Q4
    • Need to close out Q4 by the end of the month
  • 3960 - Donation box accounting
    • Need to account for the cash
    • Anna has access to Electronics donation boxes
    • Nobody has access to CNC
    • Assume Ron has the key to his area
    • Kitchen has donation box
    • New policy:
      • Board will collect keys
      • Board will have at least two people collect and count on a regular basis (once or twice a month to start)
      • The amounts will get logged and added to area host budgets
      • Justin will contact area hosts with info about new donation box accounting approach
  • 3288 - pay epilog for shipping epilog tube for repair
    • Brian will call epilog to find out if we owe them money
  • 4155 - Pay Smolk
    • Brian will take care of paying Smolk
  • 4146 - Justin will pay Flying Broomstick
  • Member points
    • 4221 - trygve wants to redeem point- Justin to email to see if he wants to upgrade or a discount
    • 4219 - Jason wants to redeem two points - Dave will handle
    • 4186 - Ray requesting 1 point - unanimously approved - Dave will handle
    • Dave will handle 4183, 4179, 4219, 4186 member point tickets -

New Business

  • New Hot Metals Authorizer
    • Lauren Svedland is selected
    • Justin will notify
  • Respond to IRS
    • Covered as above
  • Order new business cards
    • Ray will order new business cards
    • Everyone to email Ray with the contact info you want on the business cards
  • Authorize spending to add more board members to the LastPass account
    • Simon wants access to LastPass to have access to votes@
    • Vote: Add one license to the LastPass for $24
      • Pass unanimously
    • Vote: Authorize funding Last Pass site license for the next year
      • Passes unanimously


  • Need to have gathering events again
    • Pi day, shop cleanups again, etc.
    • Lyn will take on increasing parties


Old Business

  • Bylaw committee
    • Table for next meeting

Votes

    • Vote: Add one license to the LastPass for $24 for Secretary@
      • Passes unanimously
    • Vote: Authorize funding Last Pass site license for the next year
      • Passes unanimously