Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-05"

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 9: Line 9:
 
== Attendance ==
 
== Attendance ==
 
* Board Members
 
* Board Members
**
+
** Justin
 +
** Michael
 +
** Lyn
 +
** Simon
 +
** Jennie
 +
** Brian
 +
** Dave
 +
 
  
 
* Other Members
 
* Other Members
**
+
** Andrew
 +
** Ken
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 25: Line 33:
 
* Check RT queue
 
* Check RT queue
 
* New business
 
* New business
 +
** Volunteer Authorizer
 
** Area Host Review
 
** Area Host Review
 
** Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
 
** Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
 
** Bylaws committee submission to the board
 
** Bylaws committee submission to the board
 +
** Move-in update
 +
** Bylaw update
 +
 
* Old business
 
* Old business
 
**Double reimbursement to Eric B.
 
**Double reimbursement to Eric B.
Line 45: Line 57:
  
 
=== Discussion on previous minutes ===
 
=== Discussion on previous minutes ===
 
+
* NA
 
=== Consent Agenda ===
 
=== Consent Agenda ===
 
+
* All in favor of approving previous minutes
 
=== Committee Reports ===
 
=== Committee Reports ===
  
 
Reports from [[Committees]]
 
Reports from [[Committees]]
 +
==== Bylaws committee====
 +
* Bylaws committee has drafts that were shared with board
 +
* Committee is ready to share draft with lawyers
 +
** All board members to review bylaws
 +
** Some items were split out as a separate project, work continues - e.g. code of conduct / disciplinary procedure, member agreement
 +
*** Should these things be handled outside of the bylaws committee?
 +
* Should we get feedback from the lawyers or the members first?
 +
** Let's make sure that we understand everything in the bylaws before sending to the membership
 +
* Are there areas that the bylaws committee wants feedback on from the lawyers?
 +
** Nothing specifically - feel pretty good about the
 +
* Could the committee put together a list of the differences between the version from the lawyers and the latest version?
 +
** Addressed somethings that seemed
 +
====Safety Committee====
 +
* No news. Will do walkthrough when we have access next door
  
 
=== Mail ===
 
=== Mail ===
  
 
=== Financial Report ===
 
=== Financial Report ===
* '''Chase Checking:'''  
+
* '''Chase Checking:''' $72,313.86
* '''Chase Savings:'''  
+
* '''Chase Savings:''' $73,654.46
* '''PEX:'''  
+
* '''PEX:''' 11219.95
* '''PayPal:'''  
+
* '''PayPal:''' 8783.47
  
 
=== Membership Report ===
 
=== Membership Report ===
* '''Starving Hackers:'''  
+
* '''Starving Hackers:''' 297
* '''Full Members:'''  
+
* '''Full Members:''' 118
* '''Total Members:'''  
+
* '''Total Members:''' 415
* '''Quorum:'''
+
* '''Quorum:''' 40
 +
 
 +
=== Transactions ===
 +
* Comed, Gas, Trash, Rent, Comcast, Adobe, Inutit
 +
* Brian created report of expenses classified from area to automatically send from quickbooks to directors-only@
 +
** Dave will clear quickbooks-email@ to send reports to directors-only@
 +
** Brian will shift the quickbooks so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
 +
** It's difficult to create reports on unclassified expenses
 +
* Chase charged us for three ACH user accounts, but should only be two - Simon deactivated ACH on his account
 +
** Brian will talk to Chase this week
  
 
=== Member Leaving Reason Reports ===
 
=== Member Leaving Reason Reports ===
 +
* Need to save money right now
  
 
=== RT ===
 
=== RT ===
 +
* Point requests - currently two points over budget for the year
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4904 4904 - 2/12 Chocolate for Shelly]
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4906 4906 - Gardening by the Bucket for Shelly]
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4907 4907 - Japanese Curry Buccaneer's Galley Gerald]
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4908 4908 - Chocolate Truffles Buccaneer's Galley Gerald]
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4909 4909 - Spend request for Shelly]
 +
** All passed unanimously
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4964 4964 Jesse asking to redeem point]
 +
** Jennie to grant and redeem member points for Gerald, Jesse, Shelly- and ask Shelly how many points she wants to redeem
 +
** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4862 Check to make sure that Ray got his point and it's not a duplicate]
  
 
=== New Business ===
 
=== New Business ===
 +
* New Volunteer Authorizers
 +
** Jeremy is new hot metal authorizer
 +
** Ken is new wood shop authorizer
 +
 +
* Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
 +
** These were put in place because they were noted in our insurance policy
 +
** Animal clause is not in this year's policy
 +
** Alcohol policy
 +
*** Unclear what the current alcohol liability / agreement is with insurance
 +
*** Don't have the most current version
 +
*** Refers to serving alcohol and closing the premises, neither of which are particularly relevant
 +
** Is there value in revisiting this?
 +
** Any changes would go through a member vote
 +
** Maybe we should schedule a working session in the future to go through these policies and bylaw, etc.
 +
*** Jennie will put together a doodle poll to schedule a working meeting
 +
** Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
 +
 
* Area Host Review
 
* Area Host Review
* Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
+
* Bylaws committee submission to the board
 +
** See committee report above
 +
* Move-in update
 +
** Waiting for update from Dan
 +
** Justin will schedule a walkthrough when landlord works are complete
 +
*** Lighting and front door
 +
**** Waiting on lighting Comed & contractor for more info about the install
 +
**** We were offered a credit to fix the front door
 +
***** Could use this as an opportunity to update keypads
 +
** Area Host Review
 +
*** Area host review will begin tonight - will review applications next meeting
 +
 
 +
* Old business
 +
** CTO update
 +
*** Inactive member script is in effect and should be running regularly
 +
*** door code change is next on the list
 +
**Double reimbursement to Eric B.
 +
*** More next time we see him
 +
** Banking update from Brian
 +
*** More next week
 +
** Lighting update
 +
*** We sent the paperwork, haven't heard back from contractor/comed
 +
** Business cards
 +
* Old Todos
 +
**Justin to give Brian a check - Done
 +
** Simon to remove ACH from Secretary account; all ACH payments go through president account - Done
 +
** Brian will put together a vote for cleaning service - Done
 +
** Michael will award points to Gerald & Priscilla and ask Dean to contact Priscilla - Done
 +
*** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4821 4821]
 +
*** [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4813 4813]
 +
 
  
=== Old Business ===
+
==To Do==
* Double reimbursement to Eric B.
+
* All of board to review bylaw drafts
* Door code update
+
* Jennie will put together a doodle poll to schedule a working meeting to discuss policies and bylaws
* Banking update from Brian
+
* Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
* Lighting update
+
* Jennie to grant and redeem member points for Gerald, Jesse, Shelly- and ask Shelly how many points she wants to redeem
* Business cards
+
* [https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4862 Simon to Check to make sure that Ray got his point and that the ticket is a duplicate]
 +
* Dave will clear quickbooks-email@ to send reports to directors-only@
 +
* Brian will shift the quickbooks report so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
 +
* Brian will talk to Chase this week about ACH fees
  
 
== Votes ==
 
== Votes ==
 +
* Approved member points for Gerald, Shelly
 +
* Voted 4-2-1 to select a wood shop authorizor
 +
* Voted unanimously to appoint Ken as wood shop authorizer and Jeremy as Metals Authorizer

Latest revision as of 23:19, 5 July 2016


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-06-21 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-19 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Michael
    • Lyn
    • Simon
    • Jennie
    • Brian
    • Dave


  • Other Members
    • Andrew
    • Ken

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Volunteer Authorizer
    • Area Host Review
    • Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
    • Bylaws committee submission to the board
    • Move-in update
    • Bylaw update
  • Old business
    • Double reimbursement to Eric B.
    • Door code update
    • Banking update from Brian
    • Lighting update
    • Business cards
  • Old Todos
    • Justin to give Brian a check
    • Simon to remove ACH from Secretary account; all ACH payments go through president account - Done
    • Brian will put together a vote for cleaning service - Done
    • Michael will award points to Gerald & Priscilla and ask Dean to contact Priscilla - Done

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

  • NA

Consent Agenda

  • All in favor of approving previous minutes

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Bylaws committee

  • Bylaws committee has drafts that were shared with board
  • Committee is ready to share draft with lawyers
    • All board members to review bylaws
    • Some items were split out as a separate project, work continues - e.g. code of conduct / disciplinary procedure, member agreement
      • Should these things be handled outside of the bylaws committee?
  • Should we get feedback from the lawyers or the members first?
    • Let's make sure that we understand everything in the bylaws before sending to the membership
  • Are there areas that the bylaws committee wants feedback on from the lawyers?
    • Nothing specifically - feel pretty good about the
  • Could the committee put together a list of the differences between the version from the lawyers and the latest version?
    • Addressed somethings that seemed

Safety Committee

  • No news. Will do walkthrough when we have access next door

Mail

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $72,313.86
  • Chase Savings: $73,654.46
  • PEX: 11219.95
  • PayPal: 8783.47

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 297
  • Full Members: 118
  • Total Members: 415
  • Quorum: 40

Transactions

  • Comed, Gas, Trash, Rent, Comcast, Adobe, Inutit
  • Brian created report of expenses classified from area to automatically send from quickbooks to directors-only@
    • Dave will clear quickbooks-email@ to send reports to directors-only@
    • Brian will shift the quickbooks so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
    • It's difficult to create reports on unclassified expenses
  • Chase charged us for three ACH user accounts, but should only be two - Simon deactivated ACH on his account
    • Brian will talk to Chase this week

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Need to save money right now

RT

New Business

  • New Volunteer Authorizers
    • Jeremy is new hot metal authorizer
    • Ken is new wood shop authorizer
  • Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
    • These were put in place because they were noted in our insurance policy
    • Animal clause is not in this year's policy
    • Alcohol policy
      • Unclear what the current alcohol liability / agreement is with insurance
      • Don't have the most current version
      • Refers to serving alcohol and closing the premises, neither of which are particularly relevant
    • Is there value in revisiting this?
    • Any changes would go through a member vote
    • Maybe we should schedule a working session in the future to go through these policies and bylaw, etc.
      • Jennie will put together a doodle poll to schedule a working meeting
    • Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
  • Area Host Review
  • Bylaws committee submission to the board
    • See committee report above
  • Move-in update
    • Waiting for update from Dan
    • Justin will schedule a walkthrough when landlord works are complete
      • Lighting and front door
        • Waiting on lighting Comed & contractor for more info about the install
        • We were offered a credit to fix the front door
          • Could use this as an opportunity to update keypads
    • Area Host Review
      • Area host review will begin tonight - will review applications next meeting
  • Old business
    • CTO update
      • Inactive member script is in effect and should be running regularly
      • door code change is next on the list
    • Double reimbursement to Eric B.
      • More next time we see him
    • Banking update from Brian
      • More next week
    • Lighting update
      • We sent the paperwork, haven't heard back from contractor/comed
    • Business cards
  • Old Todos
    • Justin to give Brian a check - Done
    • Simon to remove ACH from Secretary account; all ACH payments go through president account - Done
    • Brian will put together a vote for cleaning service - Done
    • Michael will award points to Gerald & Priscilla and ask Dean to contact Priscilla - Done


To Do

  • All of board to review bylaw drafts
  • Jennie will put together a doodle poll to schedule a working meeting to discuss policies and bylaws
  • Justin will do more research to find out what the current liquor liability agreement is
  • Jennie to grant and redeem member points for Gerald, Jesse, Shelly- and ask Shelly how many points she wants to redeem
  • Simon to Check to make sure that Ray got his point and that the ticket is a duplicate
  • Dave will clear quickbooks-email@ to send reports to directors-only@
  • Brian will shift the quickbooks report so that area hosts get it on Wednesday, board gets it on Sunday
  • Brian will talk to Chase this week about ACH fees

Votes

  • Approved member points for Gerald, Shelly
  • Voted 4-2-1 to select a wood shop authorizor
  • Voted unanimously to appoint Ken as wood shop authorizer and Jeremy as Metals Authorizer