Board Meeting Notes 2018-07-17

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Revision as of 22:38, 18 July 2018 by Kathryn007 (talk | contribs) (Agenda)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2018-07-03 2018 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2018-08-07 >>

Meeting Start: 7:00 pm

Attendance

  • Board Members
  • Andrew Camardella
  • Sam Chen
  • Jennie The Vulture
  • Kathryn Born
  • Ed Bennett
  • Adam Stein


  • Other Members

Agenda

  • Consent Agenda
    • Approve all current scholarship applications
      • month-to-month membership
      • Be willing to have work shared with public
    • Electricians bill
      • check issued for Mark
      • moving forward with more work
    • Area Host and Volunteer Authorizer reviews and applications
      • have multiple board members present
      • set expectations for everyone
      • specify needs from PS1
    • Asset disposal-slot forge, facilitated by Michael Skilton
      • Who is sponsoring this removal? I'm posting this on behalf of the Hot Metals area host.
      • What is it? A MIFCO Speedy Forge model F526
      • Where did it come from? It was donated by the School of the Art Institute
      • What's it worth? Used smaller models (F512) can be found online for $700-$2500
      • Where's it's wiki page? It never had one.
      • Why shouldn't we keep it? It would require running an 1 1/2" gas line and getting the gas pressure to our building increased. Plus it's big.
      • How will we get rid of it? I've already asked Chicago Industrial Arts if they want it, they don't. We would post it on Craigslist for two weeks at $1000 then offer it for internal auction.
      • Has the board and membership been notified? An email has been sent to info@ and treasurer@ I'm requesting that this be announced at the next members meeting. That would start the clock.
      • When would it list on Craigslist? If there is not a vote to block the disposal it would be listed on 7/23/18
  • Committee Reports
    • Bylaws working group
      • membership level restructuring
      • solicitating feedback
    • Planning working group
      • doodle poll for next meeting
  • Read mail
    • Bill for first aid kits, paying with General area
    • Inform Mohammed of his bills for Star Motif, Sam will pass along info
  • Financial/membership report
    • Brian will fill in
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
    • Mostly Wild Apricot emails
  • New business
    • Approve all current scholarship applications
      • month-to-month membership
      • Be willing to have work shared with public
      • Jennie will reach out to all applicants
    • Work day for Wild Apricot migrations -
      • Members of the board plan to convene over the weekend to process the backlog of members who have migrated, and still need to be invoiced.
      • Adam will start doodle poll
  • Old business
    • Illinois Charitable Organization Annual Report (Form AG990-IL) due within six months
      • Brian will file
    • AssuredPartners Liability insurance renewal
      • Andrew will contact Marlo

Minutes

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $25,522.72
  • Chase Savings: $110,743.54
  • PEX: $8,521.91
  • PayPal: $12,859.88

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 400
  • Full Members: 110
  • Total Members: 510
  • Quorum: 37

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

RT

New Business

Old Business

Votes

Board meeting adjourns 7:40 pm