Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-19
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-05||2018 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2019-12-03 >>|
- Board Members
- Alex B
- Max Rash (incoming board)
- Andrew C.
- Molly A
- Kathryn B
- Sky N.
- Other Members
- Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- Consent Agenda
- Committee Reports
- Read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the PayPal and banking transactions
- Member leaving reason reports
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
Reports from Committees
- Chase Checking:
- Chase Savings:
- Number of Members:
Review the PayPal and banking transactions
Member Leaving Reason Reports
- Questions about operations in 2020 - is there a new workflow for new board. In 2020 we will be quicker to call in a repair rather than DIY. Changing light bulbs - who does that? Operations group. They need to decide.
- Dinner the week of 11/29 - invite all new area hosts. How to pay for it - need to make a final decision - maybe board retreat money, or board appreciation or powers of the president. About $300.
- Admin small budget for posters: MMT, DRC, Scholarships. PR budget or 2D area host budget?
- Kitchen area hosts need their PEX card.
- How to add General Operations team to FreshDesk. There is a email@example.com. But help and info are the emails. Be nice to have a form for Help Desk tickets - we made an AirTable form where you can describe or add pictures. Can they view Wild Apricot? We can do a view-only.
- Budget due - need to have a discussion.
- Night at Metropolis - we can buy drink tickets. All volunteers. Bring VR headsets. January
- Power Hammer Purchase - don't worry about NFP discount. Just get it to the point where you sign on the dotted line.
- Small Metals Team - Lounge, Casting, Area Hosts. Kathryn wants to be Small Metals Lounge Area Host - which would cover the Formlabs Form 3. Kathryn will write a proposal - danger committee. Signage. Create authorization path
- Updates on MMT. Fill the hole of MMT. Shifts in roles. Changes on admin rights for people who are no longer on committee.
- Operations team has kicked off and is in flight, will have their budget by 12/15.
- DRC has been busy. Will need to re-compose without Alex and Kathryn as Board reps.
- Wild Apricot update. We need to email the people who got locked out - we have the list, we just need a concrete way to convey exact steps to repair the account. This is the Strip/Wild Apricot bug. People will lose their keyfob entry ability. People will Re-add your credit card info. We will "eat" the lost revenue from people who didn't get billed (and not ask for back payment).
- Announcement about door code being phased out and people need to use (and get) their keyfob.
- Propose a membership audit so we can do the budget. Audit/Scrape paypal. Export 2 months. We can rely on Wild Apricot to generate the numbers. Run a matching. Sky can do it in an hour = Sky will take this as an action item.
- Andrew needs to make budget sheets and post them to all area hosts. Vote proposed by end of year and do in January 1 or earlier. What about holding an in-person workshop to get it done during that session.
- Talked to Joe about being industrial CNC. Second candidate.
- Kathryn just talked to Drew about Small Metals, building a team or co-hosts to share the work.
- In summary - we are getting area hosts "hats in the ring"
- Wait to add incoming board to shared accounts. Make a board transition Slack channel. Max just made it.
- Alex to post Discourse vote. Any changes? Phase out period of 3 months.
- Officially instate Paul Ocampo as Vice President. Voted yes.