Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting Notes 2021-04-20"

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(4. Votes)
(7. Discussion Topics (new & existing))
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 98: Line 98:
 
=== 7. Discussion Topics (new & existing) ===
 
=== 7. Discussion Topics (new & existing) ===
  
 
+
# The board discussed the Air conditioner replacement quote we received. Total price was $14,450 to replace both units.
 +
#Nathan Upchurch provided an updated version of the scholarship policy. The board discussed removing the bottom section on diversity. Also caught a type on the months noted. Additionally, we discussed adding a section that explains that membership will vote on the number of scholarships in the yearly budget vote.
 +
# Jennie created draft questions for the Area Host review questionnaire. Board to schedule a meeting to discuss this in further detail.
 +
# The board discussed the attorney's letter and the implications on the organization. The letter can be found here: [[Attorney Letter 200418]]. The board had the following action items:
 +
## Send Gil-tek a response letter - Joe to take responsibility
 +
## Update the Membership Agreement - David to take responsibility
 +
## Send Gen Ops a copy of the letter and the member it relates to - Kevin to take responsibility
 +
## Place the attorney's letter in the board drive - Kevin to take responsibility
 +
# David gave an update on the Bridgeport Canvas course. They started filming portions of the authorizations to begin placing it on canvas.
  
  
 
[[Category:Board_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:Board_Meetings]]
 
[[Category:2021 Board Meetings]]
 
[[Category:2021 Board Meetings]]

Latest revision as of 23:20, 4 May 2021


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2021-04-06 2021 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2021-05-04 >>


Attendees

Board Members

David Earl
Nathan Upchurch
Kevin Huemann
Dave Soloman
Chris Iacullo
James Lamken
Joe Mertz


Other Members

Sky Nova
Andrew Morris
Jim Brink

Agenda

1. Discuss & Approve previous board meeting minutes

2. Member Count & Financials

- 439 members

- Checking: $23,982.82

- Savings: $94,175.91

- Paypal: $6,434.56

- PEX: $15,586.00

3. Mail Check

No important mail to note

4. Votes

Membership Votes

No membership votes

Board Votes

The board voted to make changes to the temporary covid policies as follows:

Vote to suspend the sign up genius requirement - All in favor

Vote to remove the 70% alcohol spray requirement - All in favor

5. Officer & Team Lead Updates

GENERAL OPERATIONS: Gen ops finished the project to rewire the blower for the laser and added a new control box. An announcement for this went out to the membership. A inspection for the platform lift is scheduled for 4/21/21. Andrew Morris and Jennie Plasterer cleaned out the safe. Janitorial supplies have been moved under the stairs. Quote to replace the air conditioning units was a total of $7450 per unit. Andrew wants to get it in writing before moving forward with a vote. Landlord said he was willing to work with us.


TECH TEAM:

The tech team purchased three zoom licenses. Once will be assigned to Aushra for the member meetings. The other two will be flex licenses. Over the weekend the tech team switched to SSO with B2C. All board members have been added as moderators to discourse. Internal documentation for potential wiki replacement. David requested a written update for the newsletter to give to Mark Creasy. The next step for SSO is to incorporate Wild Apricot.


MEMBER MANAGEMENT TEAM:

Some members of the board will be meeting with Lou at 8pm in the Lounge.


TREASURY TEAM:

The treasury team have been reconciling reports. Our accountant has been busy due to it being tax season. Jennie has purged a lot of the treasury documents that were unneeded in the safe. Most of this documentation was old receipts, member data, and bank statements that can mostly be found online now or is very old.


COMMUNICATIONS TEAM:

No updates.


EDUCATION TEAM:

No updates at this time.

6. Updates from outside board meetings

No updates at this time.

7. Discussion Topics (new & existing)

  1. The board discussed the Air conditioner replacement quote we received. Total price was $14,450 to replace both units.
  2. Nathan Upchurch provided an updated version of the scholarship policy. The board discussed removing the bottom section on diversity. Also caught a type on the months noted. Additionally, we discussed adding a section that explains that membership will vote on the number of scholarships in the yearly budget vote.
  3. Jennie created draft questions for the Area Host review questionnaire. Board to schedule a meeting to discuss this in further detail.
  4. The board discussed the attorney's letter and the implications on the organization. The letter can be found here: Attorney Letter 200418. The board had the following action items:
    1. Send Gil-tek a response letter - Joe to take responsibility
    2. Update the Membership Agreement - David to take responsibility
    3. Send Gen Ops a copy of the letter and the member it relates to - Kevin to take responsibility
    4. Place the attorney's letter in the board drive - Kevin to take responsibility
  5. David gave an update on the Bridgeport Canvas course. They started filming portions of the authorizations to begin placing it on canvas.