Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting Notes 2021-08-17"

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(2. Member Count & Financials)
Line 28: Line 28:
=== 2. Member Count & Financials ===
=== 2. Member Count & Financials ===
- Checking: $25,438.59
Checking: $28,449.82
- Savings: $74,181.80
- Savings: $74,181.80
- Paypal: $ --
- Paypal: $17,299.73
- PEX: $13,341.79
- PEX: $19,682.87
=== 3. Mail Check ===
=== 3. Mail Check ===

Revision as of 19:36, 17 August 2021

Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2021-08-03 2021 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2021-09-07 >>


Board Members

David Earl
James Lamken
Chris Iacullo
Jennie Plasterer
Joe Mertz
Dave Solomon
Nathan Upchurch

Other Members

Brian Barnt


1. Discuss & Approve previous board meeting minutes

2. Member Count & Financials

Checking: $28,449.82

- Savings: $74,181.80

- Paypal: $17,299.73

- PEX: $19,682.87

3. Mail Check

- Bao's mail continues arrive at PS1 – not sure there is anything we can do to mitigate. James continues to return to sender.

 - Joe M. will contact post office to see if there is a better option.

4. Votes

Membership Votes

- No votes this week.

Board Votes

- Scholarship applicants for this year:

- Vote NOT to participation in OHC -FOR: 6 -AGAINST: 0 -ABSTAIN: 1

- David to contact OHC to let them know of our decision.

5. Officer & Team Lead Updates


- CM A/C unit has a bad blower motor. David met with A/C installer on 8/13/2021. He will source a replacement blower motor and replace under warranty. Woodshop A/C unit is performing well. - Investigating replacement washable filters for A/C units to increase filtration performance and minimize replacement costs. - Ran analysis on replacing paper towel dispensers with a pull-down circulating cloth towel. Numbers do not work in our favor versus paper towels.


- Documentation of existing systems and procedures, such as WA2AD, C2AD etc. - is ongoing.

- Onboarded Todd P for Infrastructure Lead position. Todd brings a professional background in server maintenance from his CTO position to the team.

- Interview held with Dan Sharp for the development position. Sky will be arranging his participation later in the year.

- Canvas suffered an outage due to the log file exceeding maximum size limits. Dan was able to fix it remotely and documented his fix in the Tech Team slack channel. We are investigating an automated solution for copying the log to an archive and then making a new log to reduce the likelihood of future outages.

- Investigating several companies for outsourcing Wiki and Canvas hosting options offsite.

Wiki: MediaWiki, HostKnox and Civihosting.
Canvas: AWS


- No updates. Still looking for a team lead.


- We received communication back from Open House Chicago about their COVID policies. Currently, they do not have anything in place, but say the situation remains fluid. - We still have an opportunity to participate in OHC this year.


No updates at this time.


- Tax Returns for 2020 ready to submit by Michael Briggs.

- Bringing in about $2500 more per month than we budgeted for FY21.

- Aim for a membership vote to revise the budget for the year within two weeks.

6. Updates from outside board meetings

One candidate for woodshop authorizer position. Trying to schedule time with Eric B or any woodshop authorizer to walk through the process.

7. Discussion Topics (new & existing)

--> Area Host reviews: only one remaining. --> Interview Madison B. for 2D area host position this week.