There are currently nine official hosted areas at PS:One. Each has an Area Host you can contact for information for projects, equipment training and suggesting improvements to the space.
See Area Hosts and Volunteer Positions Policy for more information on Area Hosts.
See Volunteer Positions for a list of other Volunteer Positions.
- Contact: Andrew Camardella
- email: email@example.com
- Contact: Anna Yu
- email: annotatehere at gmail.com
- Contact: Erik Wessing
- email: wessing at gmail.com
- Contact: Shellie Lewis
- email: artg33k74 at gmail.com
- Contact: Ron Olson
- email: tachoknight at gmail.com
- Contact: Arturo Duarte
- email: a.d.9581 at gmail.com
- Contact: Dean Anderson
- email: dba5950 at yahoo.com
- Contact: Eric Beauchamp
- Contact: Shae Kurko
- email: at sorrowsheart6 at gmail.com
Resources for Area Hosts
Area Host Expectations
The organization critically depends on our area hosts and the quality of your service is a major factor in the experience of our members and the overall atmosphere of the space. The following are the duties and expectations of your area host position:
- You are an ambassador of the space. We expect you to make yourself familiar with and abide by our policies and to hold yourself to the highest standards of being excellent to others. Your behavior sets an example for the entire membership.
- Prior to authorizing anyone on any equipment, ask about membership, ID check by two board members and liability waiver. Do not authorize anyone who hasn’t completed all three.
- Do not give the door code to anyone. Members get the door code when the membership process is completed.
- If you authorize a non-member to use tools per section (i) of https://wiki.pumpingstationone.org/Authorization_Policy that person must fill out a volunteer agreement form. The form must be signed by you as well as the non-member. This form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to any non-member tool use. (This is for insurance reasons. A link to this form will be provided when it is complete.)
For the area
- Post contact information for yourself and the area volunteers.
- Set rules and authorization processes and document them on the area wiki page.
- Post the rules or a link to the rules or a link to the rules in the area. They should include the following:
- Safety rules.
- How and where for material and project storage.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace.
- Expedite tool maintenance and repair when necessary.
- Facilitate the authorization process, working closely with volunteer authorizers.
- Document and organize tools and available equipment.
- Report area needs and concerns to the board.
- Post all receipts to email@example.com within 30 days.
- Maintain an up to date record of area spending.
- Keep the area wiki page up to date.
What you can expect from the board
- We will take your concerns seriously and will work with you to try and resolve them.
- We will consider creating a temporary replacement position if you need to be absent for an extended period of time.
- We will work with you to make sure you have the volunteer authorizer help the area needs.
- We will seek your input when we are considering making changes to volunteer authorizer positions in your area.
- We will strive to promptly process reimbursements and refilling of Pex cards upon receiving proper documentation.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.