Dell E6400 Unix Infrastructure Laptop
|Host Area||IT Equipment|
- Not for homework, browsing, casual use
- Have a reliable working build of all space infrastrucutre on a laptop that stays in the space. (Auth site, Go lang for RFID, etc)
- To have a troubleshooting website with a wireless to hack into whatever we need to in the space.
Each computer comes with a battery, docking station, and charger that all will be numbered and matched to each computer
- Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 with VT, 2.80GHz, 106 6MHz 6M L2 Cache, Dual Core
- RAM: 4 GB
- Operating System: FreeBSD
- Dell System configuration
This laptop is (as of Dec 6, 2016) in the process of being setup as a development laptop for infrastructure needs of the space. It will have a full and (hopefully) working build enviornment for working on ps1auth, the rfid code, the wiki and as time goes on any other unix-friendly software that the space depends on.
In time it should also be setup so as to be able to complelely redeploy any necessary networking configuration for the routers, the server rack, etc. It should *not* however function as a place to simply dump user data for the space, and to that end a policy governing that should be written up and submitted to the board and membership as a whole.
Current Setup (Dec 8, 2016)
At the moment the hacktop is running Debian 8, jessie. Given that large amounts of the spaces digital infrastructure is written in python, it is loaded up with python libraries for talking to all parts of the space.
Heater Closet by security camera computer