How to 3D Print a Squirrel on the Makerbot Replicator
Download the Model
- Download the Logo from Thingaverse and open it in ReplicatorG.
Place the Model
- The model will load underneath the floor of the build plate.
- move it on the platform by going to "Move" >> "Put on platform"
Slicing is the process of converting a 2d model into a tool path for the 3d print head to follow. To slice in ReplicatorG, click the 4th button from the left on the top, called "Model to GCode"
- When the "Generate GCode" window appears
- Make sure "Slicing Profile" is "Replicator slicing defaults
- select use "Right" extruder.
- Press the "Generate Gcode" button
Slicing can take some time, the more complicated the model, the more time it will take.