Books in our collection should be:
- Technical – The books must be nonfiction and provide in-depth information on a particular subject
- Good: Transformers and Motors
- Bad: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Useful – The books must pertain to something people in the space are doing or are interested in.
- Good: Hand-Manipulated Stitches for Machine Knitters
- Bad: German to French dictionary
- Current – The books must provide information that is still at least mostly true.
- In Good Condition
- For K-12 textbooks: http://www.ck12.org/student/
- Directory of Open Access Journals: http://www.doaj.org/
- MIT Machining videos: https://techtv.mit.edu/collections/ehs-videos/videos
Please don't bring books to the space unless they are on our Library Wishlist or they are a more recent edition of a book already on our shelves. If you have a book that you think may be useful that does not fall into these categories, please post on the mailing list.
Put the book in the green basket by the shelves for the librarian to add. If the basket is not there, set them next to the shelves.
(It's not that we don't want awesome books: we just want to avoid being buried in them!)