New Members Start Here!
Want to help?
Who are the members of PS:One? How do they communicate? What do they know about this whole social interwebs thing?
- Board of Directors - The points of contact for day-to-day corporate operations, but not for most tools, equipment and space utilization.
- Area Hosts - The main points of contact for the (currently 10) different areas of the space.
- Volunteer Authorizers - contact info for the Volunteer Positions established by the Board.
- The Membership - Here PS1 members can see the complete PS1 membership list.
Things We Have
How to do things, where to get things, what's in the area, and other general reference stuff you feel like sharing.
- Facilities: A list of what has been made available, and what should soon be made available to members.
- Tools and Equipment : All PS:One equipment, tools, certification, safety, and repair information goes here.
- Sources: Where to get stuff: from Depots to dumpsters.
- Building Facilities: How our building works.
What We Do
PS:One is a Do-ocracy. Here is some of what we do:
- NERP (Not Exclusively Raspberry Pi): Embedded Systems (biweekly)
- Beer Church (and Brewing Station: One): Beer appreciation and home brewing
- CNC Build Club: A monthly meeting for building CNC machines
- TOOOL Chicago: A monthly meetup about locks and lockpicking
- Python Office Hours: A biweekly meetup about python programming
- Systems Group
- Knitting Machines: A page for participants in the Knitting Machine Workshops
- Applied Sciences: A page for persons interested in applications of science
- Electronics Office Hours: For all your basic (and not-so-basic) electronics questions
- SIGBOT: A monthly meetup for building and talking about robots.
- Pumping Station:Yum: Cooking and Hacking food
- ELMER Monthly: Ham Radio Office Hours for licensed Ops and those working toward their licenses. All are welcome.
- Chicago tDCS: Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation.
- Wiki Maintenance: Maintaining the wiki and teach people how to help.
- Artificial Neural Networks: Learning and Mastering the Concepts and Tools of Artificial Neural Networks including Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Algorithms: The Wonders of the Universe. Learning, Developing and Applying Algorithms for Multi-purpose use.
- Spacemon - what rooms are busy, and are the lights on?
- Peoplemon - who is at the space?
- Schedmon - who will be at the space?
- Chillmon - what's the temperature in the shop?