Meeting Notes 2011-11-08
(Redirected from Meeting Notes 11-08-2011)
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-11-01||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-11-15 >>|
Meeting started at 8:04pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Mike an IT guy and dad takes lots of pics and puts them together to get virtual focus, does programming and ham radio
- Katie does IT for bands, busy making terrarium for plastic dinosaurs
- Nupie does IT for a law firm just interested in science and computers
- Kevin does Linux admin has lots of free time to build
- Youth Barrista does carpentry and metal working
- John an IT person for arch firm wants to learn more about art and electronic music and info sec.
- Joe an English teacher wants to do circuit bending and ultrasonic work.
- Jenny works in management and it learning Ruby
- Brian interested in ninja robots and blowing shit up
- Cheryl is an animator wants to make costume and use buzz saw and 3d printer
- Anthony web developer working on J-query and grease monkey
- Laurie in web development wants to do woodworking and sewing and forging.
- Jerry joined last month is an EE and wants to know how to make everything
- John in grad school works for the city doing their website and wants to get involved in the arts.
- Janet has been here before is a journalist covers humanitarian work and technology is very interested in the maker movement.
- Fred works at the scooter shop wants to make an electric Vespa
- Drone moved to the US a month ago from Portugal back ground is in IT has done RC planes and trains.
- Beth does sewing and Power Wheels
- 18 new people is a record
- Element 14 video status: November is industrial control CNC - Sacha?
- Inventables Lamp Zach as offered $10 gift card to each member
- 300 seconds of fame after the meeting
- Shop electricity is half done. Needs to fix short
- Membership 99 members!
- 300 Seconds of Fame Tuesday, November 8th after the meeting
- DIY CNC Night Wednesday, November 9th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming Thursday, November 10th @ 8:00pm
- Potluck November 29th!!!! <------- Don't forget!!!!
- Circuit Hacking Wednesday, November 30th @7pm
- Lock Picking Wednesday, December 7th 2nd @ 8:00pm
- Put your garbage away now and stack your chairs.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:22pm