Meeting Notes 2011-03-01
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-02-22||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-03-08 >>|
Meeting started at 8:00
- New People: Jenny, wanted to see what we are about and what we do. Tudor, worked at UL, wants to create.
- Tony, heard about it online, interested in electronics. Does IT pro
- Zuma, wanted to find out what we are about.
- Jim, thinking about joining, contribute to UBUNTU and GNOME, does linux but wants to make physical things.
- Amanda, wants to teach sewing, fashion designer.
- Billy, interested in micro controllers, programming.
- Eric, works in investment consulting, found us in MAKE, wants to cook, brew, hack.
- Simon, engineer, want to get out from the desk and make things.
- Austin, wanted to check us out, wants to play cymatics.
- THOTCON still need projects! Hardware hacking. Need Ideas
- Vote on spending amendment. Passed Unanimously.
- Thing a day wrap-up.
- Shop buildout
- Element 14 projects and reviews. Alternative/ renewable energy projects.
- Instructables donated ad space to us and pro memberships.
- Inventables, might be planning an event with them in April. They do material science. Crazy stuff!
"The board of directors is empowered to spend money from the general fund for any items necessary to maintain the day to day operation of the hackerspace, or to reimburse members for their purchases of these items, up to a limit of $1000 per year. Reimbursements will be considered upon delivery of the items purchased and the receipt. The decision to spend or reimburse under this amendment must be unanimous. Each expense or reimbursement under this amendment must be reported to the general membership at the next regular meeting and sent to the members via email."
- Pat Carolan submitted a business proposal based on local community development using a social media app.
- Tim built an emergency documentation box and Jordan built a head mount for the camera.
- Lockpicking. Wednesday, March 2nd @ 8:00pm
- PS:One Movie Night. Saturday, March 5th @ @7:00pm Rifftrax of Twilight and Twilight 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Knitting with Gretchen. Monday, March 7th @ 7:00pm
- 300 seconds of fame. Tuesday, March 8th @
- Circuit hacking. Wednesday, March 9th @ 7:00pm
- Flourish, April 1st-3rd Looking for open source workshops not sessions.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:30