Meeting Notes 2011-05-24
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-05-17||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-05-31 >>|
Meeting started at 8:00pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Shawn, computer programmer, wants to get into electronics but has no space at home.
- Josh, student at IIT, wants to learn programming
- kaytlen, Educator by trade, marketeing by day, metal worker by night.
- Dave, video game developers, wants more tech skills.
- Monica, just learned of the place, wants to learn skills.
- Nick does computer science heard about us through Avner, likes working with tools
- Salina, heard about us through flourish, new media major and loves soft circuits
- Alex, interested in photography.
- Financial/membership report member count is 78 Members 33 Starving 45 Full.
- Cooling fan vote postponed till next week.
- PR Director nominations to close now. Jordan dropped out.
- Maker Faire report. Lindsay gave textiles report. Jordan and Jim talked about the rest. GGHC finals, Avner.
- Pot luck next week.
- MSI and workshop 88 - Dan anyone how missed out last time can meetup this Saturday. Bring your own materials and talk to Dan Meyer
- PS1 Project Labels (Jordan)
- Sacha is proposing that the space pays for the bulk price for the class $65 a person. ~$1500 expenditure.
- Circuit Hacking Wednesday, May 25th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming with Robert Lee Thursday, May 26th @ 8:00pm
- Knitting meet-up and Origami class. Monday, May 30th @ 7:00pm
- Lock Picking Wednesday, June 1st @ 7:00pm
- PS1 Movie Night Saturday, June 4th @ 7:00pm Taking suggestions
- Python class Satruday, June 11th
- June 18th Rep-Rap-a-thon @ 9:00am
- Maker Faire Kansas City June 24-26th
- BarCamp July 9th.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45pm