Meeting Notes 2013-10-15
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-10-08||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-10-22 >>|
Meeting Begin: 08:??pm
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- chicago artists month is pretty cool! Look at the art. Thanks Shellie and Rhonda.
- Go over the things that need doing on Trello
- There are covers missing on the flourescent lighting in the shop. If you are interested, you should talk to Toba tonight.
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- Get your stuff Initial Shop Tidy Space
- Who has been awesome? Call them out now.
- Any questions?
- Mill purchase
- passed with 37 yes, 0 no, 3 present
- Area Hosts and Volunteer Positions Vote
- passed with 40 yes, 0 no, 2 present
- Anti-Harassment Policy Vote Yea: 38 Nay: 4 Present: 3 - vote PASSED
- passed with 38 yes, 4 no, 3 present
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Bry introduces present board members
- New members/visitors introduce themselves
- There is awesome art all around the space!! Thank you so much to Shellie and Rhonda who spearheaded our involvement in Chicago Artist's month
- Bry goes over things that need done and needs someone to volunteer to fix them
- the flourecent lights need covers
- Bry announces the "Great Shop Shuffe" she has been ticketing stuff, not because she's mean, but because she is planning on working with a group of anyone who wants to volunteer to make more awesome areas in our workshop, instead of just piles of stuff
- Jim from the monthly Linux group announced that the club has been granted with massive amounts of free cloud storage which is super exciting. He also said
- Ann annouces that Nerd-O-Ween at the drinking bird is happening on Oct 25th, bring your most creative costume!!
- Jesse will be showing her project that she has been working on at the Garfield Park Observatory, in an exhibit titled "windchimes"
- Liz will be hosting bonus CNC certification hours from 2-5pm this Saturday
- Bry opens up the floor to announce members being awesome
Meeting End: 08:55 pm