Meeting Notes 2014-03-18
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-03-11||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-03-25 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:07
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Summer of code flyers. Talk to Carl K.
- Sheila is helping with "Open source comes to campus" - April, at Northeastern University (Or whatever it's called). More information to come
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Everett opens meeting, people say 'Holy Crap!'
- Everett talks about what Pumping Station: One is. Disparages all other hackerspaces in the area.
- Visitors and new members introduce themselves.
- One guy is sick of lifehacker.com, we're clearly better.
- Carl interjects with some ridiculous statement.
- Another visitor was defeated in previous attempts to attend a meeting by a car accident, but he made it safely this week.
- Ed is displeased with the scent of the lab.
- Everett introduces area hosts and board members.
- Who's been awesome?
- Dean has been awesome - He got us a horizontal bandsaw, a sweet cabinet for tooling, working on dust collection
- Skilton has been doing wiring
- Ed has been doing a load of certifications, JP has been teaching people to mill things.
- Toba ran CPL maker nights, twice!
- Shellie, Derek, Steve, Ryan, Justin, Elizabeth and Everett all helped
- Next week we're voting on Library Supplies Vote
- There was a tour for new members.
Meeting end: 20:24