Meeting Notes 2014-03-25
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-03-11||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-04-01 >>|
Meeting Begin: 20:07
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- SEM Certification class happening Saturday the 29th 12-3pm. Come learn to operate this specialized scientific equipment for free!
- Hacknight in Gary Thursday. Looking for programmers! Check Hammond and Gary newspapers for more details.
- Electronics Symposium (Circuit bending, etc) Sunday, April 6th at PS:1 6-10pm.
- Later in April (Will be posted to mailing list, 25th and 26th maybe) - Patrick Colingwood (?) is coming to Chicago from England - Chicago weaving school. Teaching a class on rug weaving. This guy is like, awesome at weaving
- This Saturday, 7pm is Analog Game Night. Come play some games!
- PS:1's 5th birthday is coming up! April 12th. It's on the calendar, more details to come on the mailing list. This party will rock socks and various articles clothing.
- Library supplies vote - Passed!
Tours for Visitors
- Someone will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- Everett delays start of meeting
- Everett opens up the meeting, asks new members to introduce themselves
- Ella heard about us from a friend of a friend, wants to blacksmith
- Matt wants to learn about our tools - woodworking and electronics
- Jay heard about us on a blog or something. Writes software - wants to electricity
- Claire doesn't remember how she heard about us. Wants to do some weaving - kinda bummed that we don't still have the big loom. Wants to build things she's designed.
- Dzak makes seriously a ridiculous amount of noise.
- Daria found out about us through members. She's an architect, wants to make various things
- A guy whose name I didn't catch heard about us from friends, wants to make nonspecific things.
- Everett (Steve?) introduces board members and area hosts
- Who's been awesome?
- Everett was awesome, he took pictures of the pysanky eggs! He has not yet posted them, which would make him even more awesome.
- New member Daniel cleaned the lounge - he's awesome
- Derek and Jason cleaned the laser extensively - including the ventilation.
- Adam and Steve fight over the tour. Adam wins by fiat.
- We voted on a thing.
Meeting end: 20:23