Meeting Notes 2014-07-08
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-07-01||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-07-15 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Hope X is a thing. Next Saturday. NYC. Listen to Edward Snowden talk. x.hope.net
- Hackaday project meeting tomorrow at 7pm.
- Eeyoo next Monday 7-9pm
- Tomorrow at 7pm is bike time! Come work on bikes. Justin will be there, and that's great.
- Saturday at 2pm Justin is having a power hour to work through donated stuff. Things need to be wikified. Pizza and beer.
- Writer Zen Garden is Saturday 6-8pm. Prompt writing. Come out and write.
- Immediately after the tour after this meeting (Hef's giving a tour) will be 300 Seconds of Fame.
- Hef opens meeting at 20:04. Has been exceedingly social.
- Asks new folks to introduce themselves.
- Sam does a little bit of woodworking (nearly complete in the field of digits), scuba diving. Bikes. Science fiction conventions (This is how he found out about us).
- Rachel is an artist and crafter. She heard about us from Jesse. Looking to expand her workspace a little.
- Gerry has been coming to Zen garden for a while. He wants to join so he can get into the building.
- Luiciano is from Brazil. He's sad because of soccer. He is the creator of Pingo, a python API for controlling various embedded development boards. He's from Garoa (a hackerspace in Brazil). He's selling T-shirts!
- Carl is bad at negotiating. And temporal issues. And geography
- Two random folks introduce themselves
- Carl. He videos python and related things. Puts on youtube. Writes python. To. Manage, all of that. (videos.pumpingstationone.org) Carl likes to try to figure out how to promote videos because of stuff.
- Jim co-organizes LUG. Found out about PS1 a while back when it was starting up. He's never been certified on anything, but he's fixing that tonight!
- Hef didn't prepare a thing to do - check the tasks board.
- Awesome callouts
- Anthony for continuing to be awesome
- Jason cleaned a gross thing and has been doing wood shop stuff
- Arturo has jumped into kitchen area hosting!
- Jeff helped Justin sort through a lot of random donated crap.
- Noony published a book and it made a bestseller list
- Hef introduces board members and area hosts
- Meeting end 20:20