Meeting Notes 2014-11-18
|<< Meeting Notes 2014-11-11||2014 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2014-11-25 >>|
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- Tell Triano to shut up.
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- pick 2 random people to introduce themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- Awesome callouts
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Introduce the board and area hosts.
- Sevin is working on requirements gathering for the laser. There's a survey on the mailing list - check it out. Send Sevin an email if you have any questions.
- The scrap wood area is a huge mess. Please be judicious about what you contribute - small pieces that aren't very useful should probably head directly to the trash. Thanks folks.
- Is there any interest in a class on using a wood lathe by a professional turner? Email Ed if you're into it.
- This Thursday is SIGBOT. 7PM in the electronics lab. Darold Higa is going to be presenting research on using genetic algorithms, and robots presumably. This is our robotics interest group - come on out1
- Sunday at 6pm is Pumping Station: Yum - Chef Watson edition. A crazy computer will come up with recipes for you to cook.
- This Sunday is our new member orientation. At 4pm in the lounge is your chance to learn about PS:1 and meet other new members.
- Saturday is analog game night. Come out at 5pm to play some games.
- Vote to Rework member points will be officially announced on the 2nd
- Autodesk Fusion360 is now installed on all the computers in the space. You'll need to create a personal account - this software is free for hobbyist users. Check it out.
- Vote to Buy a Replacement Tube for Epilog
- Vote to Buy a 4th Axis for Epilog
- Vote to Buy Garment Designer 2.5
- CNC Milling Machine Vote
- Meeting begins at 20:03
- Everett greets everyone. Speaks briefly about what a hackerspace is.
- New folks introduce themselves.
- Daniel read about hackerspaces online. Looking for machine shops - he's come to the right place. Has a lot of random things to make.
- Lucas found us on google - he's currently working on home automation.
- Justin found out about from the web. He's into electronics.
- Matt heard about us from HacDC. He's just getting around to visiting us - he's got a machine shop but is hoping to use other tools, do electronics and programming and some other stuff.
- Sam (and Bob) live in the neighborhood. They've passed the space a few times and decided to drop in. Sam's into electronics. Bob is a structural engineer - he wanted to check us out.
- Merche (spelling) is Arturo's friend. He wants to build a small render farm.
- Everett introduces board members and area hosts.
- "God there's a lot of people here!"
- Awesome callouts
- Sevin is putting a lot of work into getting us emergency lights!
- Weston Tanner reached out to Autodesk - we may be benefitting quite a bit. Thanks, Weston!
- Fitter Dave is plumbing our new fridge, there'll be ice soon!
- Derek is running four votes tonight.
- Hef has put a whole lot of time into finances lately!
- The board in general for wading through finances!
- New folks leave for a tour
- We voted on four issues.
- Meeting adjourns at 20:33