Meeting Notes 2015-12-08
|<< Meeting Notes 2015-12-01||2015 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2015-12-15 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Stacy these 2 guys - letter press, likes machines
- Diah - hackerspace in CA, wood
- Virginia - dinner - he brought me here
- Robert - a friend in vollyball -woodworking
- Brian - homebrew, softrware - friend of a friend
- Mike - cook brew wood - this guy
- Ben - unknown, art projects, metal shop on line referral
- Jeff - folks at makerfare - stuff and such
Board and Area Hosts
- Doorman Dave
Two Random Members
- Carl - make videos - recorded a talk about hackerspaces
- Eric - brew beer, past president, make things, bells, wifi stuff, robots - conference talk at HOPE 2009
Things that need doing around the space
- We need a wild party.
- We need to fix the tardis
- We need a ladder to the roof
- An exterior climbing wall on the outside of the building
- Michael Skilton for running blacksmithing classes. Justin (talk) 11:54, 6 December 2015 (CST)
- Eric Beauchamp for running woodworking (end grain cutting board) classes. Justin (talk) 11:54, 6 December 2015 (CST)
- Andrew Camardella for upgrading the dust collector. Justin (talk) 11:54, 6 December 2015 (CST)
- Andrew Camardella for the honeycomb bed
- Michael Skilton - floor plans
What have you been hacking
- Justin is hacking a robot for robotics competition
- Shellie made a matching baby quilt and baby sweater
- Patrick - laser cut mugs
- Justin: Bike night is canceled for Dec. 9th
- Justin: Robot Riot - geek bar - Dec. 9th
- Justin: Star Wars movie marathon Saturday Dec. 12th starting at noon
- Ron: newbie programming office hours Sat. Dec. 12 at 7pm
- Andrew: Shopbot software/hardware training on Thurs. Dec. 10th 6:30pm - 10pm (V-carve)
- Arturo: 300 seconds of fame (lightning talks)
- Arturo: Kink paddle 12pm-2pm take home your paddle
- Will: Kitchen office hours 5pm - 7pm
- Does anybody have a plan to learn everything about everything in the space? Wiki will help get you oriented to mostly what we have. Have a project in mind.
- Any audio engineering experience from an electronic standpoint? Audio Basillica, electronic office hours
- Quorum is 39
- 33 valid email votes
- Total Yes votes: 45
- Total No votes: 1
- Total Abstain votes: 2
- Result: Vote passes
Shellie will give tour. Thanks Shellie.