Meeting Notes 2016-01-19
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-01-12||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-01-26 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
- 300 Seconds of Fame - Election edition
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Brandon - make art, websites - Searched hackerspaces
- Ron - sound stuff, circuit bending - this guy here
- Jason - raspi - meetup
- Hank - hotrod - Bart
- Ryan - hotrods - Bart
- Bob - particle physists, woodshop - google search hackerspace
- Barkley - arduino - google search arduino
- Emily - artist/painter - her
- Karen - blacksmith musician - know Erik
- Craig - arduino, woodworker - Makerbiz
- Chris - wire connected stuff, programming - she
- Jim - arduino - Conrad
- Burt - CNC, metal works, carburator - CNC operations
Board and Area Hosts
Two Random Members
- JP - metal working, social skills, - Nextlist on CNN
- Jenny - Director at Large, trips to Makerfares, software maker - 4 yrs ago Sector 67
Things that need doing around the space
- Shae - Downdraft table downstairs has a cut cord, in front of drill
- Arturo - more artwork on the walls
- Mike - empty dust collector
- Arturo - take out the trash
- 2015 Board Members past and present
- Erik - motion detector on catwalk
- Ray - Andrew fixed the air compressor
- Trygv - washes the dishes every day
What have you been hacking
- Will - action figures from 3D printer
- Eric - extended metra api in Python
- May 13th Ohio, Cleveland are - energy working fare
- Sigbot thurs. Jan 21st in electronics
- Robot Riot
- Focus group on Thurs. Jan 21st at noon talk to Ray
- Space survey -
- Jewelry vote next week
- Jesse's Learn to Solder workshop Sun Jan. 24th on meetup at 1pm
- Why is it so cold and why did I come back? Enthalpy, heat energy as told by Eric
- Are we done with questions yet?
Director - At- Large candidate
- Will M. member since 2011, seen ps1 grow and flourish, want to Director at large to get experience on the board, wants to run for president in 2017, make it a friendly space and make it awesome
- David Hughes
- Dee Newcom
- Michael Skilton
- Eric wanted to be a part of a hackerspace. Found PS1 and was sold when he joined. Never stopped automated physical space between space and IRC. Built Spacemon. Thingsbus, multiflavored thing, things interact. Beerchurch founder. Tardis on roof. Teach, inspire, make. Represent PS1 to the world and expand the community spirit to new members. On the board twice, president, vice president
- Ray agrees with everything Eric said. Would like to continue and would like to finish the work he started. Has created avenues that shed a light on PS1. Attended events to bring in members. Interact with press to explain PS1 to the world. Likes to be present when tours happen. Offer assistance to orientation tour. Wanted to get Tardis down and fix it. It matters who the members are and what they can accomplish. Do something cool.
What can you accomplish that you can vs. a person that has been on the board? Provide a transition document to the next PR director.
- Doorman Dave - been traveling for 2 days and fried - Dave found out about PS1 from 2600. Like to work on bikes, lockpicking, toys, rockets. Not finished with projects from 2015. Has a larger todo list now. Question: Why do they call you Doorman? traveling salesman or ambassador to buildings
What is on your list for 2016? Found unfinished issues from the upgrade to the new system, Comcast issues, authentication, grandular access to our system
- Brian wants PS1 to be financially prepared for our future. Midterm replacement as treasurer in 2015.
- Simon P. - like to make things with camera and optics, hoping to keep building projects with acrylic and wood, welcoming and onboarding of new members, conflict resolution knowledge. Work for tech company, project management, artist, teacher, grad student
- Reliable member of PS1
- Jenny member for a little over a year, woodshop at home so joined PS1 to use it the woodshop, electric lute band, Degree in non-profit management (farm sanctuary), likes this place, we are stranger then people on street, interesting conversations here, battling racoons, artistically fixing car. Contributions: jewelry area, murals. Accomplishments: involve new members in doing things, grant writing
- Patrick - vote for more qualified people who are running
- Carl - wants to help grind through different things that on the board, has a whistle and knows how to use it. Makes videos, open source. Host python office hours
- Justin joined in 2013, Jerry you really have to check out this place, it is you. Came by and joined. Brew things, make stupid robots and make other people make stupid robots, fabulous robots, hack on bikes, end grain cutting board, learning to use stuff in the machine shop, always people around to help on projects, many people helped make robot for competition. Awesome community of people, want to help PS1 keep collaboration within the community, want people to make things at PS1. Inspire other to do amazing things. Vision: PS1 constantly evolving, do you have an idea of what we might look like a year from now? 2 pretty big changes, 501c3 status, will open up another door and expansion into the whole building, jam packed in and can be annoying and we are right next to each other, people will be further apart from others, encourage collaboration, have events that get people together from all parts, get people to come to member meetings
36 members cast votes for this election. The winner of each race is listed first and in bold. The number of votes for each candidate is written after their names.
- Justin Conroy - 35
- Abstain - 0
- Vice President
- Jennie P. - 19
- Carl Karsten - 8
- Patrick Callahan - 5
- Abstain - 3
- Simon Pyle - 34
- Abstain - 1
- Brian Chojnowski - 35
- Abstain - 1
- Dave Koppel - 34
- Abstain - 2
- PR Director
- Ray Doeksen - 19
- Eric Stein - 18
- Abstain - 0
- Directors at large:
- Michael Skilton - 29
- Lyn Cole - 27
- Will McShane - 8
- Dan Baltudis - 1
- David Hughes - 1
- Dee Newcum - 1
- Abstain - 2
Who wants to give a tour?
Ron will give tour. Thanks Ron for giving the tour.