Meeting Notes 2016-03-15
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-03-08||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-03-22 >>|
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Intro to PS1
- 2.2 Introductions
- 2.3 Special Announcement
- 2.4 Things that need doing around the space
- 2.5 Awesome Callouts
- 2.6 What have you been hacking
- 2.7 Announcements
- 2.8 Questions
- 2.9 Votes
- 2.10 Tour
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Don | 3D printing | 12 year old wants to build a forge | learned about us online
- Zack | industrial engineering | home from college out of state | son of Don
- Joe | teaches imagineering class @ Montessori | built a robot that flew an autonomous powered parasail | learned about us online
- Gregor | builds things that include tables. Oh, and a hydrogen processor | First came to a meetup a year ago
- Al | found us through Google | working with python, wants to get into woodworking
- Keith | with roommate recommendation | bikes are fun |
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Simon - Secretary
- Lyn - Director at Purple
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Shellie - Arts & Crafts Area Host
- Triano - Woodshop Area Host
Two Random Members
- Patrick | runs power racing series - next one is in San Mateo in May, then Kansas City, Detroit, Colorado. Milwaukee is in September www.powerracingseries.org, www.makerfaire.com | Member since 2010
- We're officially a 501(c)3!
- Thanks to the previous boards of directors to make this happen.
Things that need doing around the space
- Please wash your dishes, either by hand or by dishwashing machine. Put dishes in and turn on.
- Sweep up the shop (and everywhere else that there is floor) and put tools away when they are not in use
- Take out the trash
- To everybody who made this possible
- Shelly Loke cleaned all the towels in the kitchen
- Shelly & Gerald ran an event making chocolate truffles
- Lyn hosted Pi Day yesterday
- Sheila got plates for pi day
- Space planning committee for all of their work
- Eric B for negotiating our lease with landlord
What have you been hacking
- Justin & Everett invented a new card game called Thai Pirate Rummy
- Lyn made an Android app to doodle
- Gregor made mozzarella cheese
- Potluck after the member meeting on March 29th - bring food!
- Birthday party for PS:1 is April 2nd
- Shelly is running a pathfinder game on Friday at 3, feel free to drop in later than that with a character
- Patrick needs to practice taking vitals to get his EMT certificate - see him for free blood pressure screening after the meeting
- Bike night is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 8pm in the shop
- SIGBOT - Robotics Special Interest Group - is Thursday at 7 in electronics lounge
- Has anyone formatted a card for raspbian on a mac?
- Do we have t-shirts?
- There is a link on the website to get on-demand shirts
- But if you want to make it happen, do it
- Do we do anything with our sawdust? Can we donate it somewhere?
- There are stoves that burn sawdust - but that might be dodgy given the things that might end up in it
- Guests from the Analytics Lounge
- Peter & Josh
- Wanted to have a place for equipment less focused on making and more focused on measuring & lab equipment
- Analytics Lounge (AL) will pick up the SEM
- Ryan sponsored this vote
- Analytics Lounge is working on creating a reduced dust environment
- SEM had trouble getting data off
- We were able to network it
- AL has expertise supporting older equipment
- Considering converting VGA output to DVI so that the output can be streamed on the internet
- AL membership model:
- Avoiding paid membership because not sure if there is a large enough user-base to fund the equipment they want
- Anybody is welcome to come by on Sundays
- Want to get people involved and educated in using these scientific instruments
- Goal is to build a community of mutual support and information
- Looking into grant funding, depending on requirements
- Planning on setting up a recycling operation for lab equipment
- Process, cherrypick, and sell gear
- Have talked to freegeek about their experience with this
- If you want to take part, people are usually around on Sunday.
- Considering instituting chaos hours - if somebody has checked in with RFID access, the space is open
- Co located with a metal-working space
- Their co-tenants (Chicago Metal) have a waterjet with a 55 x 100" bed]
- Contact the analytics lounge at [their website]
- Vote passes with 45 in favor, 0 against. 47 members voted in person or via proxy
Who wants to give a tour?