Meeting Notes 2017-07-18
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-07-11||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-07-25 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
- Tour returns post voting
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Other announcements
- Things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves, what are they interested in?
- What are you working on?
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Area Host Updates
- Anna is sorting donated surface mount components into binders. Hopefully they'll be available by the end of summer.
- Vacuum Caster & Pressure Pot both work
- Looking for a heating element / toaster oven that goes down 150 degrees
- Working on resin printing
- Considering a silhouette CNC paper cutter for arts and crafts area
- Vote on Cube Pro Cartridge Resetter system happening next Tuesday. Send in your proxies!
- What is the thing that looks like a car frame in the scrap area? Is it indeed scrap?
- We think so.
- Andrew V. is getting the "Build an 8 bit computer" class ready for August. Working on choosing dates.
- Wolf is looking to get authorized on anything.
- Matthew from the Remote Astronaut Crew gave a presentation about a project they're working on with Southside Hacker Space.
- Solar eclipse is coming on August 21! Chicago is going to be 87% eclipsed.
- NASA is supporting high-altitude balloon projects around the eclipse.
- 11 teams are using high-altitude balloons to send up raspberry pi cameras for a live feed from space of the eclipse.
- Will have a still camera, iridium satellite tracker, gopro, 360 degree camera
- This team is the only team that isn't university funded - they could use your help!
- Indiegogo budget is $11,000; total cost will be more
- Ray has contact information if you're interested in collaboratig on a project in the future.
- Email with link to more information will go out later. We'll make a blog post.