Meeting Notes 2017-09-12
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-09-05||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-09-19 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- Other announcements, events, awesome callouts, what have you been hacking, general discussion, etc.
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
Intro to PS1
- Looking for volunteers for liability working groups
- Maintenance and Safety/Authorization groups have people and have started!
- Loaned Tools policy probably taken care of by lawyer in a week
- Waiver and Data Infrastructure groups need volunteers! Let Andrew or Ed know
Area Host Updates
- Ron: intense interest in running 1 inch air. Watch out for a post! JFDI
- Erik: painted the front door!
Announcements, Events, Discussion
- Haddon: brewing expected in October! New fermentation chamber. (This is Haddon, I want to double down on my thanks for Tucker being an 'adviser', without which I am sure I would have stalled out and gone back to other projects. Again apologies to 'Barefoot Ed' and Erik for any situations or disagreements.)
- Suggestion: 'Pizza Hero' give pizza and beer to volunteers to get beer brewed
- Thank you, Haddon!
- Andrew and Casey installed a carbonator, infinite bubbly water in the bar in the lounge. Press the sprite button!
- Sam is helping people get RFID tags! Want one? Talk to Sam
- Dubi made a mallet from melted down detergent bottles. Interest in recycled plastic mallet class? Contact Dubi, @dubster2k on Instagram
- Ray: Open House Chicago Oct 14-15, PS1 (as well as lots of other places in Chicago) will be open for people who may not know about us to come check it out. Want to host/guide/volunteer? Let Ray or another directors know. openhousechicago.org
- Octoberfest October 14, 1-8PM Toool will be lockpicking, and there will be talks about lockpicking, brats, beer. Pick locks until your hands hurt.
- Andrew is going to host cleaning day, first weekend of October. Dates and time TBD. Andrew implores you to put things away, sweep, before October. Do your part to make PS1 better!
- Pancake Breakfast: Sept 24 (Sunday) /Gluten Free/Vegetarian/Vegan in kitchen. 10-Noon.
- Coloring Books Thursday, starting next Thursday. Bring your coloring books, 7:30-whenever.
- Is there an inventory of electronics parts? Not currently. Probably a lot of work, but if anyone wants to create a spreadsheet/database. Needs labor! Open to volunteers. Or just go through the drawers!