Meeting Notes 2017-09-26
|<< Meeting Notes 2017-09-26||2017 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2017-10-03 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about. (2 mins MAX)
- Tour leaves (new people)
- Update from the BoD about what's going
- Update from area hosts about what's going on
- Other announcements, events, awesome callouts, what have you been hacking, general discussion, etc.
- 8:15pm SHARP Voting time, if a vote is taking place
Intro to PS1
- Insurance review:
- Lawyer working on alcohol policy, liability waiver, loan agreement for loaned tools.
- Working groups are working, Canvas (for teaching/authorization)
- 3 Andrews are working on RFID system for machine control (Want to help? Contact Andrew C.)
Area Host Updates
- Small Metals:
- Aushra: Weekend after next, Sheetrock on shed in small metals and then hood and ducting for ventilation! Asking for volunteers in about a week and half. Stay tuned!
- Ash (new CNC area host!),
- Office hours are scheduled:
- With sky on Sunday mornings (maybe one other day),
- With Joe on Tuesday 6-9.
- Looking into getting a new 3D printer (Prusa Mk. 3)
- Projector and screen are up. Just HDMI for now
- Formlabs printers are working, BYO resin
- Aushra took detailed notes
- In craft area: CNC paper cutter is new and working!
Announcements, Events, Discussion
- Gerald misses us all.
- Milwaukee Power Racing: very, very hot. Crowds hiding in the air conditioning. PS1's team raced and placed second twice, and third overall. 4 ties flat during the endurance race! Night race with lights!
- Alex met Drew at Maker Faire in New York, and is checking out the space. Welcome! Drew does tiny LED projects.
- Video Game group is doing a tiny treasure hunt
- Joe is working on getting the front screen to display useful information