Last Edited: 10/13/2012
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Your Role (as a Member)
- 3 Facility Operations
Welcome to the Pumping Station:One! Chicago's Hackerspace. We do woodworking, software, metalworking, art, crafts, electronics, chemistry, power wheel racing, TARDIS building, green technology, nanotechnology, tinkering, dismantling of robots, assembling of robots, music, biotechnology, CNC, and the many ways all those subjects (and more) intersect and collaborate. So head on over to the Wiki Page Skills Exchange add your name, what you know, and what you want to know.
Your Role (as a Member)
- Read the Member Packet, sent to you via email when you join
- Read the Bylaws
- Sign the Waiver
- Come to open meetings on Tuesdays as often as you can
- Meet Everyone - Special:ListUsers
- Join a class and learn something new
- Build something awesome
- Edit the Wiki
- Ask Questions!
Condensed Bylaws for New Members
Board of Directors
Here's how voting works:
- Full members may propose votes.
- Only full members in good standing may vote.
- Common, but not required step: the vote proposal is run past the board of directors for proper wording, etc. - this helps prevent people from disagreeing with your proposal because it's written poorly.
- The proposing member places the item before the membership (BOTH on mailing list and during a meeting) at least 7 days prior to a meeting.
- During this period, people may read and discuss the proposal, and offer their own counter-proposals.
- At the next scheduled meeting, the proposal and any counter proposals are voted on.
- Directors Meetings
Online Contact Information
A complete list is available on the Contact Points page.
Everyone must sign a waiver before entering the space! This includes guests of all varieties. They are conveniently located on the door to the work space. You can also download, print, and sign the Waiver.
3354 N. Elston Chicago, IL 60618
Enter the "Big Red (now black) Door" on the south side of the street. If the "Big Red (now black) Door" is locked, please ring the door bell. Once inside walk into the lobby area, turn right and head for the hallway. PS:One is located at the first red door on the right, look for the PS:One sticker!
Most workshops and classes are done on a per-interest basis. Some of them are more regular than others, like Circuit Hacking Wednesdays.
- read more: Classes
Interested in Learning?
Feel free to come by any of the advertised events on the calendar. Some workshops require you to be a member or to pay a parts fee. Read the fine print. If there's some class you'd like taught please ask around the membership to see if there are others interested and if anyone can teach the class or if we need to call in a professional.
Interested in Teaching?
- Pick a topic
- Gauge interest from the membership
- Pick a date
- Talk to a Board member to get your event put on the calendar or email info @ pumpingstationone.org for help
YOU NEED TO BE CERTIFIED BEFORE YOU CAN USE ANY POWERTOOLS! A list of certified members is listed by each power tool or on the item's Equipment page. Any certified member may train you on that specific tool and may then add you to the certified users list.