The following is a member-voted policy which was voted on December 9, 2014: Vote to rework membership points
For up to date info on how you can earn points, check out Things that get Member Points.
- Members can be awarded Member Points for various things they do that benefit the space.
- Member Points are valued at the difference between Full Member and Starving Hacker monthly dues rate.
Things Member Points can be redeemed for
- Dues discount.
- Status increase - Get 1 month of Full Member status for the price of a Starving Hacker membership.
- Member Points are awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Points have no cash value, and they expire 12 months after issuance.
- Points may be transferred from member to member.
- To request a point for yourself or another member, you must contact the Board of Directors.
- To spend or transfer a point, you must contact the Board of Directors.
- You must be a member to be eligible to receive Member Points.
- Members of the Board of Directors are eligible for Member Points only for activities performed outside their duties as defined in the bylaws.
Helpful information not in the voted policy language
To contact the board of directors to request or spend member points, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.