The following is a member-voted policy which was voted on December 9, 2014: Vote to rework membership points
For up to date info on how you can earn points, check out Things that get Member Points.
- Members can be awarded Member Points for various things they do that benefit the space.
- Member Points are valued at the difference between Full Member and Starving Hacker monthly dues rate.
Things Member Points can be redeemed for
- Dues discount.
- Status increase - Get 1 month of Full Member status for the price of a Starving Hacker membership.
- Member Points are awarded at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Points have no cash value, and they expire 12 months after issuance.
- Points may be transferred from member to member.
- Points may be transferred from a member to a board administered fund. [This section added by vote 3-7-2017]
- Points in such a fund may be transferred to a member at the boards discretion.
- To request a point for yourself or another member, you must contact the Board of Directors.
- To spend or transfer a point, you must contact the Board of Directors.
- You must be a member to be eligible to receive Member Points.
- Members of the Board of Directors are eligible for Member Points only for activities performed outside their duties as defined in the bylaws.
Request Member Points
- send a request for member points, for yourself and/or for someone else using THIS FORM: https://airtable.com/shreygxAG5i73B6xK
- email questions to email@example.com
- request member points promptly, within 30 days of the event if possible
- in your request include details about the thing you/someone else did that deserves member points
- member points are reviewed, voted on, and awarded by the Board of directors at the board meeting on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Redeem Member Points
- send a request to redeem member points to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in the title of your email type "redeeming a member point"
- in your request specify if you would like to get a discount on your membership, transfer a point to someone else, or donate a point to the PS1 scholarship fund
- member points expire in one year, so use them!