Mitsui Surface Grinder
|This tool is currently broken, please contact the area host for more information.|
|Arrival Date||Late 2016|
All repair needs to be coordinated with the area host.
Motor bearings were replaced, to great success. Ball ways and table are installed. The test grind on 4140PH at 23 Hz. went well. Good finish with no ripples.
- Remove saddle, clean ways and check turcite for damage.
- Z ways need to be cleaned.
- Replace Z way pleated covers.
- Fill lubrication tank with correct oil. Check that all oil lines are working.
After initial repair, diagnosis of further issues will come via a test grind.
- The table will need to be ground in.
- A mag chuck will need to be ground in.
- Five block test can be used as a quick diagnosis.