Prusa i3 MK3S A 3D Printer
|Serial Number||SERIAL NUMBER|
|Make/Model||Prusa i3 MK3S|
|Contact||CNC Area Host|
|Where||CNC Area, downstairs|
- 1 Description
- 2 Status
- 3 OctoPrint
- 4 Operation
- 4.1 Prepare the Printer
- 4.2 Prepare Your .STL file
- 4.2.1 Open your .STL model file in PrusaSlicer, Cura, or other slicer software
- 4.2.2 Orient the model onto the bed
- 4.2.3 Set values for various parameters:
- 4.2.4 Slice the model.
- 4.2.5 Note the estimated time to print.
- 4.2.6 Save the resulting .GCODE file.
- 4.3 Open OctoPrint in a browser tab
- 4.4 Upload .GCODE to OctoPrint.
A very nice filament-based (FDM) 3D printer. There are currently three of these at PS1.
Uses 1.75 mm filament. Capable of printing many different kinds of filament, including PLA, ABS, PETG, and more. Ships with 0.4 mm nozzles.
For more info, see https://www.prusa3d.com/new-user-mk3/
03/2020 - Three Prusa MK3S purchased, assembled, installed and made fully operational.
All three Prusa printers are operated and managed via an OctoPrint print server. Users upload their gcode files to the printers through the OctoPrint interface, accessible through PS1's internal Wi-Fi network.
OctoPrint IP addresses for each printer:
Blue Prusa 10.30.0.11
Purple Prusa 10.30.0.12
Red Prusa 10.30.0.13
Prepare the Printer
Check/Load material spool
Remove any other printed models from the bed if they are finished and set aside. If the owner left contact information, leave it with the model.