Pumping Station: One Birthday Bonanza 2011
What The Pumping Station: One is turning 2 years old! Celebrate with us at the Pumping Station: One Birthday Bonanza 2011
When Friday April 15th, Doors open at 6
Where 3354 N. Elston, Chicago, IL 60618
Why Its our 2nd Birthday and because PS1 makes us want to party like wild animals.
- 6pm Doors Open
- Workshops, Electronic and Wood Kits (LED Throwies, Blinkies, etc.)
- PS1 Speeches?
- Welcome/Who We Are/What We do
- Project Show and Tell
- Whoever Else is Interested (PRS, Tracking WiFi Antenna)
Please help us out in throwing the Pumping Station: One Birthday Bonanza! If you know how to throw an awesome party, we need your help. Here are some of the areas you can be of assistance. If you think of an area we've missed, please add it and sign your name up.
- Blog post
- reddit post feel free to upvote
- Facebook event RSVP and pass on the invitation
- meetup event
- And a flyer
Equipment on loan from members or the public will be returned in the same condition received. Returns will be made during cleanup Saturday after the party or at the owner's discretion. The list is mostly AV stuff. Please loan us your stuff. Drop off location: On the Loft near the giant bean bag. Tag any items dropped off with your name, cellphone, and email.
- Screens LCDs, CRTs
- Spare PCs with OS Linux accepted and encouraged. Windows if we have to.
- Speakers Big Ones
- Cameras Still Cameras, Video Cameras, Webcams, and Cameraphones
We are running an LED Throwie collection drive this week. We are trying to collect a bunch of LEDs for throwies to give away at the Birthday Bonanza. (if you don't know, this is an LED Throwie: http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-Throwies/ )
Your donations will be appreciated! Drop them off anywhere visible at PS1. (on the tables in the center and labled LED Donation would be great!)
We Need these too!
- CR2032 batteries
- Magnets (bring in broken hard drives, and we'll strip them at the party
and use a sledge hammer to get multiple magnetsbreaking magnets is toxic.)
A bunch of people are coming together this weekend Friday April 8th - Sunday to clean for the party. There should be people around all weekend so please come by whenever to help out.
- Sweep All Floors
- Clean Up Garbage
- Take Out Trash
- Finish Electroncis Bench Move to Old Woodshop.
- General Organization
- Prep Party Showcase Items: See === Party Showcase ===
- Showcase Wiki Pages (Summarized, QR Coded, and Printed)
- Eric Hanley
- Tim Saylor
- Avner Shanan
- Matt - Digipengi - DSTROY
video or other
- PPRS Test Run?
- Makerbot Print Sprint
- Costume Contest
- Tron Bike
- New Spaces: Classroom, Woodshop, renovated Electronics Bench
These projects need help to be presentable. Please help by doing:
- physical repairs
- wiki pages on project
- printing wiki page to use as a flyer with a QR code to the page
- PS1 Looping Video Playlist - by Eric Hanley
- TEDxIIT: Jeff K. an Adam F. Bioreactor Presentation Not Available Yet
- Electromagnate Footage Need to talk to Jim/Jordan
- GGGHC Biosense Blog Videos Need to talk to Avner/Drew
- PS:1 Founding Footage On Website and Hopefully a Server Somewhere
- Maker Faire Footage Hopefully on a Server Somewhere
- CCC Footage Hacker Woodstock in Germany
- Misc TED Videos
- OLPC $100 Laptop
- Dean Kamen segway and FIRST robotics
- Theo Jansen creates new creaturesanalog robot designer
- Christopher “moot” Poole: The case for anonymity online (founded 4chan)
Budget Currently = 150$. See Rhys Types?
Do we have a budget for this? Eric Hanley Thinks we should.
- Can we find a microbrewery to sponsor our party and supply free beer? Or at least front the beer and charge per can.
- Hor devours