Rockwell drill press
|Make/Model||Rockwell 17-600 17" Drill Press|
|Arrival Date||December 2016|
17" capacity (from the center of the spindle to the column).
VFD controlled 3 phase motor. Continuously variable spindle speed from 250-1470 RPM.
Morse #2 taper spindle
Capacity, mild steel 1/2"
Drills to center 17"
motor: 1 HP 3 phase
power: 120 V.
These notes are for reference after authorization by a person.
The spindle switch must be 'off' and the e-stop (big red button) must be in the out position (twist the button counter clockwise) before the spindle can be turned on.
Authorizations from the old DoAll drill press carry over to this machine.
The motor direction is reversible using a switch on the back of the control box. For nearly all drills, the spindle must rotate clockwise when viewed from above.
- Setup material securely on the table. Be sure the drill will not drill into the table.
- Turn e-stop counter clockwise
- Turn on power switch on the back of the control box
- Set the RPM based on the material being drilled and the drill diameter.
- Set the direction switch on the back of the control box to 'forward'.
- Move the spindle switch to 'on' when you are ready to drill.
- To turn off, push the e-stop or move the spindle switch to the 'off' position.
Drills and vises are stored in the cabinet in front of the drill press.
List of Currently Authorized Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By||Date Trained|
|Everett Wilson||Dean Anderson|
|Bruce Mace||Chris Ruhland||3/7/17|
|Brian Adamson||Chris Ruhland||3/23/2017|