AKA: Danger Committee / Men Without Hats
The goal of this project is to create a NonCommercial, Share Alike, Attribution Creative Commons-Licensed safety training program for Pumping Station: One.
The goal for the training program is to create a safety program that:
- is easy to implement, with as little paperwork as possible
- meets or exceeds government standards for occupational health
Training will consist of:
- General Training: Required for all members before entering the space. Consists of an hour of class, with testing.
- Tool- or area- specific training: Required to gain access to specific areas or equipment in PS1. Consists of training, (optional/variable, depending on the tool) several hours of practice under supervision of an experienced operator, and testing.
Paperwork will consists of: Signed liability release forms for all members. Qualification records for general and specific training. MSDS records for all chemicals in PS1.
General Training Outline
- Pressurized cylinders
- Laser Safety
- Chemical Spill Procedures
- General Chemical Safety (MSDS, protective gear, etc)
Specific Training Areas
- Electronics Lab (covers basic electrical safety, how to use O-scope, solder, use a multimeter, etc)
- Machine Shop (covers basic hand and power tools, drill press, grinder, sanders, safety)