There is a PS1 Slack channel at pumpingstationone.slack.com
Slack has user guides at their Help Center.
To use the signup link it’s necessary to use an @pumpingstationone.org email address.
Any other members may get access to the Slack Channel by sending a request by email to an administrator such as but not limited to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the PS1 slack.
Slack has an excellent mobile interface, and is often used as a team communication tool when participants rely on a mobile device. There is a web interface and there are OS-specific clients.
Be nice to each other, use things to do good deeds. Communicate early and often.
- https://slackmojis.com/ is a fun place to look for custom emoji.
- The slack channel is administrated by email@example.com, a number of board members and rdoeksen.
- Users with a pumpingstationone.org email account can sign in without a manual step IIRC. See the join link above. Current and former board members and area hosts and volunteers have these email accounts.
- PS1 is not charged for this service. We currently use the free plan.
- The slack is running on Slack's servers and does not depend or rely on any PS1 resources. Slack maintains a status page at https://status.slack.com/ and communicates status from their twitter account, @SlackStatus. As long as Slack services are running, it is available whether or not the PS1 internet service, security certificate, DNS servers or any other systems are functioning.
The old URL at https://pumpingstation1.slack.com/ is not supported.