Talk:Python Office Hours
help find new and better guides
I'd like to get some curricula and project guides for these topics.
- web development
- raspberry pi
- open data / civic hacking.
- open science
I'd like help evaluating things I've found.
- young coders (see example from pycon Young Coders Tutorial)
- audio stuff. EarSketch curriculum. Introduction to programming with music.
- https://github.com/catherinedevlin/python_learners_glossary Definitions of Pardon jargon to help Python beginners understand Pythonista gobbletigook
- http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2015/07/scipy-2015.html videos from software-carpentry classes at scipy2015
- see if the course materials for this paper are helpful, http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2016/01/uw-data-programming-course.html The paper has a resources site deployed with this code: https://github.com/ppham/dataprog-web
- Peter Norvig has a list of ipynb http://norvig.com/ipython/README.html
- https://github.com/thejessleigh/test_driven_python course under development
Improve interactive tutorials section
Check how stale the list is and whether there are some nicer tools these days.
Recurse Center Social Rules
The list of social rules from https://www.recurse.com/manual#sec-environment (go here for full descriptions)
- No feigning surprise
- No well-actually's
- No back-seat driving
- No subtle -isms
setting up development environments
We should have consider having a section with information on setting up a python development environment.
refactor the wiki page
This post by EW is interesting and maybe I'll restructure the page based on it. http://lists.software-carpentry.org/pipermail/discuss_lists.software-carpentry.org/2016-March/004144.html
- help with python documentation at stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/documentation/python/topics