Talk:Vote to Buy a Large Format Printer
Large Format Printers
|HP Designjet T520||24"||$1,750.00|
|HP Designjet T520||36"||$2,850.00|
|Sienoc NEW 4x Compatible Ink Cartridges||3rd party ink||$35.90|
|HP 711 genuine 4PK ink Cartridges||First Party ink||$269.00|
Our current large format printer, despite the network card, and 2 other network cards I tried, and the RPI with a lpt port, is not lan capable. Getting a LAN capable large format printer would solve several problems we currently experience:
- Ink dries out due to non-use
- This seems to be a symptom of all large format printer. We could schedule an automated monthly or weekly print job to ensure the ink continues to flow
- Driver issues
- LAN printers are much easier to work with driver wise than LTP (parallel port) printers.
- Simply having a more recent printer would probably alleviate the current issue.
- Needing to convert print jobs to the dedicated machine, and then making that work.
- Some users have custom software on personal computers, and large format print jobs often need careful planning in order to not be wasteful. Having members able to print from personal machines would alleviate wasted print jobs from bad configurations would be useful.
- Not lost, just "put away where nobody will ever look for it". It's in one of the art file cabinets in the West side of the room. Jason (talk) 08:33, 4 May 2015 (CDT)
- We totally need people joining to use PS:1's sign making equipment. Jason (talk) 15:24, 23 May 2015 (CDT)
Purchased from amazon via Tom's link above. Due for delivery July 2-8 to Sevin. Total was $2,322.48 shipped. Only the printer was purchased. There is $677.52 remaining from the authorized funds for paper and ink cartridges. Someone else feel free to talk to me about purchasing them if you would like to research what is needed for this particular printer. Kuroishi (talk) 15:38, 27 June 2015 (CDT)