Difference between revisions of "Vinyl Cutter"
m (Bot: Cosmetic changes)
|Line 173:||Line 173:|
Revision as of 11:17, 19 May 2015
Tips on how to use (After Certified)
Loading the Media.
- Raise the lever on the upper back right of the machine
- Slide in the media. It helps to have a rectangular piece so the machine can recognize the size. Center it over some of the grooved rollers so they are as close to the edges as possible.
- Slide the pinch rollers from behind over the grooved roller you chose.
- Lower roller with the lever.
- Read the display and push the arrow button for the type of media you are loading. For a single sheet (not a roll), for example you would press the right arrow (see screen shot below)
The Software used is CoCut Standard 2015. We not longer use the software that came with the cutter.
The software does not import svgs, but does import Adobe Illustrator files. Open your SVG in Illustrator and resave it as an .ai file. Then import your file into CoCut Pro.
- Make sure to check any files you download from the internet for hidden artifacts
- Make sure all your borders/strokes are set to 0px or you will get 3 cuts for the border (inner stroke, outer stroke and object edge)
When your graphic is ready to cut, click the File...Cut/Plot menus. This should bring up a couple of new windows. One is the Production Manager. This may show some older, incomplete jobs from failed attempts. Delete those old jobs.
The other window shows your setup. Note the orientation of your job. You may want to rotate it to fit the orientation of your vinyl in the plotter. Use the turned stick man button at the bottom to do this.
Make sure you set the size of your vinyl.
The output settings for speed and pressure do not work on our machine you must change these settings on the machine itself.
- Take the cutter offline (hit on/off line button)
- Hit the speed or pressure button
- Use arrow keys to change value
- Hit enter
- Put the cutter online by hitting the on/off line button a second time
There are 3 types of blade for the cutter:
- Black Cap - Fine detail cutting - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/341/8/cutters-and-plotters/P-gcc-jaguar-ii-cutting-plotter
- Green Cap - Sandblasted/reflective materials - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/84/8/cutters-and-plotters/blades/P-gcc-blade-green-cap-for-sandblastreflective-material
- Red Cap - Standard Vinyl - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/83/8/cutters-and-plotters/blades/P-gcc-blade-red-cap-for-standard-vinyl
These blades will be arriving shortly.
New Materials can be purchased locally through Rayco near Peterson and Pulaski, the plotter size is 24 inches.
- Economy/Intermediary stock is for the majority of projects and has an expected life of 3 years
- High performance stock is intended for cars and boats and has an expected life of 7 years.
- Elizabeth Koprucki
- Tom Judge
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Donald Jacobson||Donald Jacobson|
|Bart dring||Donald Jacobson|
|Ray Doeksen||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|David Fell||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Derek Bever||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Roger Moore||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tom Forajter||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Arturo Duarte||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tyler Natoli||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Sloan Lavery||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tyler Hsu||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Casey Olson||Justin and Derek!|
|Jeff McBride||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Clarence Risher||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Will Garza||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Nick Halderman||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Aaron Mintz||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Matt Makris||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Matt Meshulam||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Mark Cabael||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tom Judge||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Todd Allen||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Lucas Goossen||Tom Judge|
|Sonia Yaco||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Alex Trimm||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Davis Mazariegos||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Knute Martell||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Ryan Neuman||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Scott Drane||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|James Huber||Knute Martell|
|Doorman Dave||Elizabeth Koprucki|