Wood Shop Dust Collection
Our shop needs *real* dust collection. Here lies the start of plans to rectify that.
6" sewer & drain pipe http://www.lowes.com/pd_5752-1814-S/M+06006++0600_4294765358__?productId=3134721&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=
Automating this stuff
No one will use it if it doesn't turn on automatically. It *must* be automatic.
I drew up some plans based on
Machines that need collection
- Table saw (needs retrofit 6" pipe inside and out, maybe 5" and an overhead 3" collector)
- Mitre saw (needs a shroud built)
- Bandsaw (needs front plate of drive wheel replaced with something allowing for collection)
- Belt/disk sander (probably needs a shroud for the belt, or just a better sander)
- Planer (could probably use side shrouds)
- Stationary and pedestal grinders (hot metals)
- Grinder (cold metals)
- CNC mini mill.
- Wood lathe (needs a shroud)
- Drill presses