Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-28
(Redirected from Board Meeting Notes 05-28-2013)
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-21||2013 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2013-06-04 >>|
Meeting start: 7:08
- meeting held in crafts area- many members walking in and out
- read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the paypal and banking transactions.
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox weekly.
- Review Trello board, report progress made.
- new business
- old business
- Minors joining
- Kitchen area host - Could choosing one now help speed the kitchen creation process?
- Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
- Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
- Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board.
- Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric). He's working on the TODO list at 3519 Electrical Work.
- Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
- move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
- Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.
- Talked about minors joining the space
- we need to talk to insurance about if parents can even sign a waiver for their children- kathy said this varies by state
- we want to interview them in this case, but we are not sure if we are able take on the legal/financial responsibility of having minors as members
- Eric will email the parents of the two minors who have recently joined
- Jesse and Avner will check out Familab and Motherships way of handling their insurance/legal issues and how they made them work in their hackerspaces
- farkas went over financial report
- Jessie asked if there were any trends in who was joining/ quitting
- how long have they been members? what are their reasons for leaving. Adam can see if history can be recorded in CRM
- bry sends out an exit email when members leave- she says most responses are that they can't afford it or haven't used the space enough to justify the cost. Any troublesome responses, she shares with us to help us improve the space.
- meetup group identity- no progress
- job board- no progress
- pitchfork - no progress
- SSA- jesse working with kathy on language
- automation technology laser- waiting to here more info from sacha
- going over tax/finance info with lawyer - concern that school factory hasn't given us the right info- eric hasn't heard anything back from lawyer after sending him the info
- steve and eric are going to try to have a conference call with lawyer tomorrow
- Hackerdojo sent us a helpful link about how to become 501c3
- Ed found a water filter, but it's $400, so it's going to be a member vote
- liability waivers - bry got a draft from lawyers (its 3rd draft), once she finishes it she'll put it on directors list for review
- following up with eric the grant writer- eric has been researching like a mad man
- all members on trello- eric sent out tons of invites but hasn't covered everyone
- cleaning committee- nothing new this week
- Secretary of State paperwork- bry and steve looking at it together today after the meetings
- credit report- no progress
- nothing at complaints@ this week
- eventbrite money- sent request, waiting for response
- AC/Cooling- tech says we have a 21 yr old heat pump/AC that may be hard to find parts for and is stuck on heat pump, Ed also mentions that the pump is not made for a space as big as ours and may have been salvaged. We will know an estimate when he knows how much these parts cost
- amazon payments- no progress
- electrical- eric hasn't gotten quote
- june 8th will be kitchen build out day
- 1st farmshare drop-off is june 15th
- status of old landlord owing us money - we have a clause in there that says attorney fees get paid by the losing party, and we have an extremely good case
- emailing property lawyer
- kitchen area host- opening up applications today for a 2 wk period
- talked about moving election to mid november and have new board take office either jan 1st or in mid december
- Membership Report -
- Full Members: 72
- Starving Hacker: 141
- Friends of PS1: 2
- Total: 215
Meeting end: 8:01