Board Meeting Notes 2016-08-16

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-08-02 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-09-06 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Simon
    • Brian
  • Other Members
    • Tom
    • An
    • Doug

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • Check info@ inbox, since those emails are not making it to RT
  • New business
    • Authorizer Reviews
    • Board event
    • Moderation & communication
  • Old business
    • Tool area host position
    • Old Todos
      • Michael to ask area hosts for job descriptions for volunteer authorizers - Done
      • Michael to get area hosts to sign area host agreement
      • Justin to announce volunteer authorizer positions are open for review - Done
      • Lyn to make and post fliers about volunteer authorizer - Done
      • Jennie to handle member points- 2 for Andrew, 1 for Dave, 1 for Jason
      • Jennie will talk to Dan about removing Tardis from roof, saying that we will remove it, discuss rebuilding and installing a more durable version
      • Justin to announce space buildout project management committee - Done
      • Justin will ask laser v2 vote organizers about financing options through vendor
      • Brian will look into financing laser through Chase and through vendor - Done
      • Brian to look at insurance options

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Mail

  • DMCA from Comcast
    • Lyn sending reminder to not torrent copyrighted files
  • Insurance invoice - already taken care of

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $29,307.16
  • Chase Savings: $113,657.01
  • PEX: $9034.56
  • PayPal: $15,936.72

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 286
  • Full Members: 121
  • Total Members: 407
  • Quorum:41

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Wasn't using the space enough

RT

  • RT forwarding isn't working
  • Keep an eye on the info@ account
    • Simon to forward reimbursement requests to Brian, take care of reactivation of Ashley Matriciano (via Juan Ramos)

New Business

  • Volunteer Authorizers
    • Michael to share current applications for authorizers with area hosts
  • Board event
    • 11 am on the 28th

Old Business

  • Tool area host position
    • One application
    • Area hosts are game to be in charge of tools in their area
    • There still need to be general tools
    • Possibility of a committee
      • We're open to that proposal
      • Andrew may be working on a version of that proposal
    • Jennie to review proposals for tool area host committee and come up with a version
  • Bylaws
    • We need to give feedback, with goal of being ready to submit to the lawyers
  • Michael will ask buildout committee to give report for next week

Old Todos

  • Michael to ask area hosts for job descriptions for volunteer authorizers - Done
  • Michael to get area hosts to sign area host agreement
    • Ron signed, let's bug the rest of folks
  • Justin to announce volunteer authorizer positions are open for review - Done
  • Lyn to make and post fliers about volunteer authorizer - Done
  • Jennie to handle member points- 2 for Andrew, 1 for Dave, 1 for Jason
    • Done
  • Jennie will talk to Dan about removing Tardis from roof, saying that we will remove it, discuss rebuilding and installing a more durable version
    • Jennie contacted, no response yet
  • Justin to announce space buildout project management committee - Done
  • Justin will ask laser v2 vote organizers about financing options through vendor - asked Andrew
  • Brian will look into financing laser through Chase and through vendor
    • researched options, will check with bank
  • Brian to look at insurance options
    • Not yet


New Todos

  • Jennie to give Ray two member points for [July 14 https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=5139] & [July 20 https://rt.pumpingstationone.org/Ticket/Modify.html?id=5152]
  • Jennie to review proposals for tool area host committee and come up with a version
  • All board members to bug area hosts to sign area host agreements (other than Ron)
  • Brian to research financing laser through Chase
  • Brian to look at other options for space insurance
  • Lyn sending reminder to not torrent copyrighted files
  • Simon to forward reimbursement requests to Brian, take care of reactivation of Ashley Matriciano (via Juan Ramos)
  • Michael to share current applications for authorizers with area hosts
  • Michael will ask buildout committee to give report for next week

Votes