Board Meeting Notes 2017-01-17

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2017-01-03 2017 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2017-01-31 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Lyn
    • Michael
    • Simon
    • Ray
    • Jennie
  • Other Members
    • Andrew

Agenda

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

  • See talk page

Consent Agenda

  • Passes unanimously

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • No update from Bylaws Committee
    • Lyn sent the board a copy of the proposed DRC (member conflict resolution)

Mail

  • Amazon confirmed that they will direct deposit Amazon Smile funds

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking:$97,010.81
  • Chase Savings: $35,671.54
  • PEX: $12,810.61
  • PayPal: $11,715.09

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 301
  • Full Members: 133
  • Total Members: 434
  • Quorum:45

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • To be forwarded to director's list

RT

New Business

  • Cold metals authorizer selection
    • Dean asks to fill one position tonight, fill second position later
    • Todd is chosen as cold metal volunteer authorizer
    • Board will revisit applications in a future (next?) meeting for a second position
  • Planning new board member orientation
    • Individual handoffs and many of us will be at the next meeting
    • Doublecheck New Board Orientation page
  • Board feedback
    • Will pass on to next board
    • Suggest doing this at intervals throughout the year
  • Door quotes to replace the front door
    • Erik got quotes to replace the single front door
    • $2945, ~$2884, $2311
    • $2311 was super responsive, but maybe not paying as much attention as he should have.
    • Erik recommends either of the first two quotes
    • Landlord promised to give us a credit for $2000
    • Erik will put together a vote, offers of co-sponsorship from board members
    • Erik will contact landlord, Justin will put him in contact

Old Business

  • Printer disposal followup
    • Andrew gave an update after having completed talking to everybody involved.
    • It's unfortunate that the people involved didn't come forward.
    • The (next) board will communicate to the membership a reminder about tidy space policies and that this situation has been addressed.
    • Vote to move to formal complaint situation fails
  • Membership audit followup
    • Board votes to allow Ray to spend down his existing member points and pay back his dues deficit over the next three months, in cash or member points.
    • Deficit is equivalent 19 member points

Votes