Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-05
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2019-10-15||2019 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2019-11-19 >>|
- Board Members
- Alex B
- Sky Nova
- Andrew C
- Molly A
- Kathryn B
- Other Members
- Jonny Panic
- Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
- Consent Agenda - Stepping back and examining the consent agenda: they are items that are up for a vote, but nothing to discuss. "Everything goes at once." Then the next week, you're supposed to lock.
- 2 new authorizers in hot metals have been approved.
- members suggested by Molly and Andrew Morris by general operations teams are appointed by the board.
- Committee Reports
- Molly talked to 2 members of MMT. Re-prioritize.
- Orientation -- Orientation is a key deliverable. We have a lot of information to distill. Gather group.
- Read mail -- nothing noteworthy. "The water thing" - it has a long history - Andrew will make a wiki page about the thing we get.
- Financial/membership report - We are currently working with our accountant to reconcile some discrepancies from our books in 2017. Missed the extension deadline. See tax question below.
- Review the PayPal and banking transactions
- Member leaving reason reports
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
1. Ron's request for 2 volunteer authorizers 2. General Operations Team member appointments
Reports from Committees
- Chase Checking:
- Chase Savings:
- Number of Members:
Review the PayPal and banking transactions
Member Leaving Reason Reports
- Ask for, and post information about, when taxes were filed. Delegate someone to answer question on GG. Working on an extension of the extension. Working rapidly with extended team (CPA and bookkeeper).
- answers: Currently extended. Working with CPA and bookkeeper to reconcile.
- RFID lockers for tools - Molly: make little lockers containing batteries and lockers you can check out. We could prototype. We've investigated "check-in/check out" capabilities. During summit we had roundtable, talking about took lock-outs. Integrate with Wild Apricot. Use Ron's tool to mark people in WA. Vision for it combines components, but needs time and manpower.
- Creating an accident protocol - Board will read through insurance policy. Group meeting with insurance rep? What are our questions? Can they review our policy? Do we have specific questions based on the policy.
- Insurance review for questions raised by B.D. and GoT creation
- Announcing the available roles we need to fill (area host and MMT) - see above
- Announcing the WAAdmin tool to all Volunteer Authorizers (is it ready?) -- Work with glitch on WA authorizer tool
- Area Host reports (should we ask them to come to Board meetings once and awhile?) -- yes. AC says we need to work on the budget with new board.
- Switch PS1 communication from GoogleGroups to Discourse? - we can defer, talk online
- Lathe vote- lot of discussion. Board approves the spending of the money, we are not blocking.
- Discourse - AC asks for vote for Discourse. It has a code of conduct. Move posts around. Topics. "Lots of nice things about it." Dallas makerspace - we can look at. Discourse.pumpingstationone.org. We'd like to expand the amount of engaged people. GG is an old system