Meeting Notes 2011-06-07
|<< Meeting Notes 2011-05-31||2011 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2011-06-14 >>|
Meeting started at 8:03pm
- Board Introductions
- New People: Anthony co founder of a startup called joy stickers, wants to find people to work with and wants to learn about us.
- Jeff runs daycare and wants to learn skills. Electronics, metal work, wood working.
- Dr. Jonathan. has been working for a year with the hackerspace. Has brought people to show them our talents.
- Marita composer does visual arts stuff wants to have hi-fi music popup books.
- Carrie is a painter and sculpture artist and wants to find a creative community.
- Financial/membership report member count is 84 Members 34 Starving 50 Full.
- 300 seconds of fame next week following the meeting. Avner is running it.
- Space changes - Area hosts
- Will has a t-shirt project that will be taught at Learnapalooza
- Nate says our TARDIS was just published in a book called "Hack This". One of 24 projects of the book.
- Geoffery went to an experimental garage sale. Met people who can teach circuit bending. Also has a studio space and wants to collaborate.
- Dan has a fab lab class coming up and is looking for help.
- Sacha rep-rap-a-thon reminder.
- Yea TODD!!!
- Circuit Hacking Wednesday, June 8th @ 7:00pm
- Haskell Programming with Robert Lee Thursday, June 9th @ 8:00pm
- Python class SQL alchemy Satruday, June 11th @ 7:00pm
- Knitting meet-up and Origami class. Monday, June 13th @ 7:00pm
- 300 Seconds of Fame Tuesday, June 14th after the meeting
- Lock Picking Wednesday, June 15th @ 7:00pm
- Rep-Rap-a-thon Sunday, June 18th @ 9:00am
- Electrolitic rust removal Tuesday, June 21st after the meeting.
- Maker Faire Kansas City June 25th - 26th
- Learnapalooza June 25th
- BarCamp July 9th.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:43pm