Meeting Notes 2013-12-10
|<< Meeting Notes 2013-12-03||2013 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2013-12-17 >>|
Meeting Begin: 8:xxpm
- Intro PS1 and what we're about
- let new members and visitors intro themselves
- go over things that need doing around the space
- call out awesomeness
- Brief overview of what PS1 is (<1min).
- Introduce the present board and area hosts.
- New members/visitors introduce themselves.
- Go over the things that need doing on Trello. This place works because it's a community, so help out!
- Anyone have an event or thing to announce? Now's the time, 1 minute max each.
- Sacha has organized a 3d printer cage match for Thursday.
- Who has been awesome? Call them out now.
Tours for Visitors
- Adam will give official tour (make sure liability forms have been signed and that emergency contact info is filled out)
- bry introduces people on board
- new people
- ssar - new guy, he likes musical instruments, making them
- tal - heard from maker faire a few months ago and lockpicking.
- Lee Swan - agriculture and recycling furniture
- Hannah - sociology in art, so she's interesting in art/tech. considers herself an artist.
- Ryan - interested in making furniture, things he doesn't have at home
- Monserino - works down the street, working on an invention
- Jason found us online, learning to use metalsmithing tools and milling
- Diana - heard from a friend, UIC school of architecture. Interesting in building things!
- Peter - been around, but never introduced himself. Found us by googling. Coder. Interested in electronics/robotics/flying things.
- Bry and toba guilted people into fixing things around the shop
- Calendar is on the wall now, neat.
- Elizabeth talked about how the 3d printer cage match will work.
- Ali Hassan - is part of the core team for the HOPE conference, 2-o-clock presale of tickets tomorrow. Hackerspace presences would be nice.
- 1871 open government hack night.
- awesome callouts
- carl set up the dishwasher
- bry set up shelves in the vault
- hef and carl set up a water cooler that we can use
- Josh put up our event calendar on the wall!
- in person votes were:
- taz2 12 yes 0 no 1 present
- water cooler shipping and handling 12 yes 0 no 1 present
- proxy votes - we only had 4 total proxy votes, so neither of these measures met quorum. we need to reschedule them.
Meeting End: 08:xx PM