Meeting Notes 2016-07-19
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-07-12||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-07-26 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Leo | has been doing CNC work |
- Doug | Mechanical Design Engineer | Working on household projects, improved toilet paper
- Fred | Mechanical engineer, robots | Internet makerspace search
- Ryan | works with Fred | material science engineer | carpentry, 3D printing, etc.
- Jennie | UX designer | working on an interactive structure
- Brian | brewing & 3D plastics work | found us online
- Tristan | UI/UX designer working with Jennie on interactive project
- Joe | Electrical Engineer | woodworking, automation, inlays, kayaks
- Joe F. | founding member | in town, lives in Perth
- Darren | welding, glasswork, metalwork, woodwork |
Two Random Members
- Pete / Bio Guy | coffee roasting, raspberry pi, coming back into the fold
- Gerald | Gaming group, cooking demos, vegan dishes | Shelly heard about hackerspaces and brought Gerald along about six months ago
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - Presidents
- Jennie - Vice President
- Lyn - Director at Purple and Wiiiiiild Events
- Simon - Secretary
- Ray - PR Director
- Michael - Director at Large
- Brian - Treasurer
- Arturo - Kitchen Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Andrew - CNC Area Host
- Ron - Hot Metals Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Empty the dust collector and check the auxiliary bin too!
- Take out the trash and don't overfill the dumpster
- Run the dishwasher & empty the dishwasher when there clean dishes
- Gerald volunteered to empty the dishwasher tonight!
- Paint the walls with fun things
- Doorman Dave for fixing everything that was on fire (metaphorically) - thanks Dave!!
- Shelly for drawing dragons on the walls
- Daniel P. for cleaning up the kitchen and making iced coffee
- Andrew for teaching a class on design sketching
- Will for game night on Saturday - it was fun!
- Steve Reese found a home Bloodfangfieryscourge, the cat that Jennie was fostering
What have you been hacking
- Will made a PiGirl Zero, a handheld emulation device, and a Ghost Grenade to capture ghosts
- Brian is making a wireless controller for an LED/music art project with a raspberry pi 3 and touchscreen TFT with the most recent kernel
- Shelly made dragon drawings and brought in caterpillars
- Bike night - work on your bike!
- Wednesday, 8 pm, in the shop
- SIGBOT - Special Interest Group for Robotics - come talk robots
- Thursday night, 7 pm in electronics
- Craft Project In & BBQ Out - come grill, eat, and work on
- Saturday, 4 pm
- Wood Lathe Authorization
- 8 pm, Wednesday in the woodshop
- Fusion360 Meetup - Surfaces!
- Wednesday, 7 pm, electronics
- CAJOO - Cable Access Jam Office Hours, come jam and play instruments, poorly or well
- 7 pm on Wednesday in the lounge or the loading dock
- Hot Metals Authorizations now happen every other Saturday, starting this Saturday at 3
- Pressure Cooking tomorrow - check the list and email Erica if you want to take part - might be one spot left?
- MOVE UPDATE: Tony is mostly moved out, they painted, and the Comed people are coming tomorrow
- Did you make the creeping charlie beer?
- No, we didn't actually have any creeping charlie, but we made the same beer we were going to make with hops.
- When will the table saw authorization happen?
- This week, Thursday, 6:30
- Are those pants?
- What can you do with things you make here?
- Sell it (unless it's food or alcohol), patent it, tell the world, change the world, have fun
- Has anybody seen the DeWalt 18V drill?
- And if you broke it, don't worry, just let somebody know.
- Are you supposed to leave the back door open when the air is on?
- Do we have the money?
- What are the highlights?
- Ventilation, electrical, sinks, new shelving for member shelves, new partition b/w hot metals and woodworking
- How many square feet will it be?
- Going from about 6000 to 10000-ish sq ft
- Passes with 56 in favor, none opposed, 2 abstaining
- When will the increased frequency begin?
- Not specifically in the language, can start more frequent cleanings whenever, regardless of when we move in
- Vote passes with 48 in favor, 3 opposed, 7 abstaining
Who wants to give a tour?
- Thanks Ron for giving a tour!