Meeting Notes 2016-11-08
|<< Meeting Notes 2016-11-01||2016 Meetings||Meeting Notes 2016-11-15 >>|
- Intro to PS1 and what we're about.
- Let new members and visitors intro themselves.
- Pick 2 random people to introduce themselves.
- Introduce the Board and Area Hosts
- Go over things that need doing around the space.
- Awesome call outs
- Tell me about What You Hack
For extended discussions, we may take stack and borrow from MIBS Rules#Meeting Procedures.
Intro to PS1
New People (name - where did you hear about us - what do you make/hack)
- Mike | Learned about hackerspaces in Detroit | wants to make Raspberry Pi phone & shelves
- Working on a furniture design startup, looking for space with equipment | was at Lost Arts, decided to come here
- Si | likes to tinker with stuff | commercial photography | looking to control cameras and strobes
- Tony | woodworking hobby
- Mari | computer science projects | working on a neural network, maybe robotifying | came a year ago
Two Random Members
- Brian | elaborate costumes, which requires building a vacuum-former, which requires learning how to weld | found us by looking at wood shops on the internet
- Adriana | member for >six months | found us through meetup | wood, metal, ring-fixing
Board and Area Hosts
- Justin - President
- Simon - Secretary
- Lyn - Director of Purple and Wiiillld Events
- Gerald - Kitchen Area Host
- Anna - Electronics Area Host
- Erik - General Area Host
Things that need doing around the space
- Repair the shopvacs
- They maybe need thermal fuses
- Cleanup day - maybe this Saturday afternoon
- Buildout days coming - maybe Sunday at some point
- Watch the google group for more info
- Take out the garbage, please
- Clean up after yourself, please
- Keep the kitchen clean, please
- Joe, for teaching Adriana how to mud drywall
- Ashley for helping and teaching Shelly with welding
- Shelly for taking load of fluorescent bulbs to recycling
- Still more fluorescent bulbs from the boiler room need to be taken to recycling
- But some of them are still good, so test them with the fixture in there
- Michael Skilton for parking ticket guidance for Gerald
- Abandoned things in the kitchen are getting ticketed
- Daron for finding out when the buildout days might be
- Everybody who voted
What have you been hacking
- Gerald made chicken stock from scratch
- Mike made a bookshelf
- Si made an crowdsourced online IP camera babysitting setup from old Android phones
- Mari is working on opensource automated webcrawler to create image and text data sets
- Kitchen hours are NOT occurring on Friday
- Mari is offering dog walking or cat walking
- Bicycle night, tomorrow at 8pm in the shop, come work on your bike
- SIGBOT - Special Interest Group for Robotics - come work on and talk robot stuff
- Thursday, 7:30
- Simon has an art show at Lake Forest College, opening is Thursday at 7:30, show runs until
- 300 Seconds of Fame - tonight after the member meeting in electronics
- CAJOO - come play instruments, 7pm - 9pm Wednesday
- Electronics Office Hours on Monday, 7pm
- Will there be a tour?
- What are the hours?
- 24/7 access for members
- Can we propose a new group in the space?
- Like a gym group or a hydroponics group?
Who wants to give a tour?
- Mike is going to give a tour, chaperoned by Will. Thanks!