Difference between revisions of "Acetylene Air Torch Jewelry"
(→List of Currently Authorized Users)
m (→List of Currently Authorized Users: add auth)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
|Line 92:||Line 89:|
Revision as of 01:10, 5 December 2018
This tool requires prior authorization for use. Contact the area host or one of the other authorized members listed below to arrange an authorization session. Prerequisites: none.
- If you smell acetylene, shut off the cylinder by turning the handle at the top of the tank clockwise.
- Don't operate the torch with the regulator set to 15 PSI or higher (the red zone on the left gauge). Acetylene becomes unstable above 15 PSI.
- Don't tip the acetylene cylinder on its side. If an acetylene cylinder has tipped over or was stored on its side, carefully place the cylinder upright and do not use until the liquid has settled to the bottom. The rule of thumb is not to use the cylinder for as many minutes as the cylinder was on its side, up to 24 hours.
- Safety glasses are recommended.
Starting the torch.
- Install the tip you need on the torch.
- Make sure the torch valve is closed (clockwise).
- Turn the pressure regulator T-handle counterclockwise until it is loose.
- Open the valve at the top of the cylinder 1/4 turn counterclockwise. The right gauge should now be showing the internal pressure of the cylinder and the left gauge should be at 0 PSI.
- Turn the pressure regulator T-handle clockwise until the desired pressure (12-14 PSI) is shown on the left gauge. Don't let the pressure get into the red zone (above 15 PSI).
- Open the torch valve a small amount and use a striker to light the torch. Never use a match or cigarette lighter!
- Adjust the torch valve to achieve the desired flame size.
Turning off the torch.
- Turn the torch pressure valve clockwise. Stop here if you'll be using it again soon.
- Shut the cylinder valve by turning the handle clockwise.
- Turn the regulator T-handle counterclockwise until it is loose. The pressure gauges should drop to 0.
- Open the torch valve to purge the hose of acetylene.
Video of setup and operation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEtr-Dw4nU
List of Currently Authorized Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Aushra Abouzeid||Danger Committee|
|Jennie P.||Danger Committee|
|Spencer Simms||Dean Anderson|
|Matt Keith||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Josip F.||Aushra A.|
|Mendel Bakaleynik||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Stephanie Pelzer||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Aaron Carlock||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Kirsten Landmark Masih||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Abel Greenwald||Aushra Abouzeid|
|Earl Wood||Aushra Abouzeid|
|McTavish McArdle||Aushra Abouzeid|