Angle Grinder (4.5in)
|Make/Model||Bosch Angle Grinder (model: ???)|
|Contact||Hot Metals Area Host|
Angle Grinders are powerful electric motors mounted to a 90deg gearbox. This allows the working tool to be easily manipulated and applied to the work. They typically have a 5/8" arbor, on which you mount cutoff wheels, small grinding wheels, wire wheels, sanding disks, and various other spinny type things.
To avoid accidents, the following operational safety rules must be observed by everyone working on the Pumping Station: One (PS:One) angle grinder. Failure to follow the safety rules may result in a loss of shop privileges.
Start With A Risk Assessment To Ensure A Safe Work Area:
1. Angle grinders typically throw sparks when cutting metal. Make sure that there's nothing flammable in the direction sparks will fly. This includes your clothing.
2. Make sure your work is properly secured. The workpiece should be in a vice, or heavy enough that it won't move without your intending for it to move. The angle grinder has approximately 2/3 of a horsepower coming from it, so it can, and will, make things move.
Instructions and rules for using the grinder:
1. Keep both hands on the grinder. It has two handles for a reason.
2. Do not remove the safety guard. It can be rotated, but it should not be removed unless a buffing pad is being used.
3. Do not set the grinder down with the wheel down. If it accidentally gets turned on, it will run away, or worse, run towards you.
4. Wait until the wheel has stopped spinning before you set the grinder down.
Maintnance and replacement of parts
Always return the grinder to it's box.
Spare parts and wheels are stored in the box with the grinder.
Replacing a wheel on the grinder:
1. unplug the grinder
2. depress the spindle locking button on the grey section of the grinder
3. use spanner wrench to loosen the retaining nut
4. remove and replace accessory disk. (some disks don't use the nut, such as wire wheels.)
List of Currently Certified Users
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Greg Teiber||Owner, several years experience|
|Aaron Diddier||Greg Teiber|
|Karol Slowikowski||David Koppel|
|Eric Yu||Ron Olson|
|David Srebro||Ron Olson|
|Glenn Powers||Ron Olson|
|Jeff Lawson||Ron Olson|
|James Villalpando||Ron Olson|
|Hunter Koerner||Ron Olson|
|Raj Perera||Ron Olson|
|Erik Wessing||Ron Olson|
|Sam Paris||Todd Allen|
|Niko Hawley||Ron Olson|
|Aaron Carlock||Ron Olson|
|Mike Forkan||Ron Olson|
|Greg Kudlacz||Ron Olson|
|Daniel Maziarz||Ron Olson|
|Brandon Love||Michael Patton||1/27/16|